CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
Gamecocks1137
El Cid Ranger
kingofnerf
Captain9Dragons
ReadR00ster
The Yancey
2000grad
gadeneer1986
Fight, win, kick a-- (1076)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (916)
CFN prediction for a (853)
Why I'm hopeful abou (782)
The Gator Bowl wants (766)
USC will upset Aubur (648)
A simple defensive l (630)
What happened to thi (599)
Ranking Top HC jobs (452)
In-state QB talent (405)
BA ranks recruiting class
A simple defensive line &
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Thoughts on the basketbal
Ranking the SEC Football
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
Media tabs South Carolina
Cann tipping plays?
Name a Gamecock

Old Yesterday, 08:32 AM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Roll call for Auburn

I'll be there for the historic upset. Who else?

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:35 AM   #2
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material
Default Re: Roll call for Auburn

I like your optimism, C2
I've always wanted to take in a game at Jordan-Hare, I've heard great things.

But I'm currently on baby-watch. Maybe little dude will decide to come into the world during this historic upset!?
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:36 AM   #3
dan.man.44
Recruit

Male

dan.man.44 is learning to peckdan.man.44 is learning to peck

That would be great. We need to play well against auburn, setting up momentum for the remaining games.
dan.man.44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:41 AM   #4
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

I am in dirty myrtle this weekend, but I wish I could attend this historic upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM   #5
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

I would love to go but it's hard enough for me to make home games much less away games.
Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM   #6
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

I'll be there. Game #137 in a row for me.

ultimatetailgater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM   #7
CockyFanForLife
Recruit

Female

CockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPit

I just got a last minute invite from a friend with an extra ticket, so I'll be there!
CockyFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM   #8
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Flying from BWI to ATL on Friday, getting picked up by my best friend, and we're checking-in in Columbus, GA. Gonna be a fun Saturday, win, lose or lose badly.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM   #9
PCaughman
Walk On

Male

PCaughman is learning to peckPCaughman is learning to peck

7 of use will be going down. 2 of do believe we can pull off the upset. The other 5 guys are just looking to party like we are 0-11. We sitting in section 36 row 44. Can someone help me understand tailgating in Auburn. It sound like we pull up in area near the football stadium and stake of an area. Then we return the next day with the beer and food. Is this right. Does visitors just go to Toomers corner and drink at the local watering hole. Thanks for any help.
PCaughman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM   #10
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
I like your optimism, C2
I've always wanted to take in a game at Jordan-Hare, I've heard great things.

But I'm currently on baby-watch. Maybe little dude will decide to come into the world during this historic upset!?
I'm in a good mood this week. I expect an inspired performance from the team. We'll probably see big game Steve Spurrier this weekend.

I went to "Jurdin" Hare the last time we were there with Cocks N Stuff and JGCarolina. IMO, its the best experience I've ever had away from Williams-Brice. All of their fans were super nice and were offering us food, drinks, etc. The stadium was rocking.

I've found it easier for me to go to road games these days. When I first moved to Alabama in 2009, I went to every home game for 3 years. 6 hours 7 times in 4 months sucks. Since then I've only been going to away games. I love the 'us against the world' atmosphere.

Congrats on the baby!

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM   #11
evilpoptart
Game MVP

Male

evilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudly
Send a message via AIM to evilpoptart

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCaughman View Post
7 of use will be going down. 2 of do believe we can pull off the upset. The other 5 guys are just looking to party like we are 0-11. We sitting in section 36 row 44. Can someone help me understand tailgating in Auburn. It sound like we pull up in area near the football stadium and stake of an area. Then we return the next day with the beer and food. Is this right. Does visitors just go to Toomers corner and drink at the local watering hole. Thanks for any help.
I went in 2010 when I was student and had a blast. I recommend eating at Niffers and getting the corn nuggets, drinking at Skybar, and walking around the Auburn Campus. Their fans are very friendly, but I think its more of they dont consider SC a threat. We havent beaten them since the 1930s I think.
Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM   #12
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I'm in a good mood this week. I expect an inspired performance from the team. We'll probably see big game Steve Spurrier this weekend.

I went to "Jurdin" Hare the last time we were there with Cocks N Stuff and JGCarolina. IMO, its the best experience I've ever had away from Williams-Brice. All of their fans were super nice and were offering us food, drinks, etc. The stadium was rocking.

I've found it easier for me to go to road games these days. When I first moved to Alabama in 2009, I went to every home game for 3 years. 6 hours 7 times in 4 months sucks. Since then I've only been going to away games. I love the 'us against the world' atmosphere.

Congrats on the baby!
Thanks man

You know what will be humorous?
IF we do pull off the upset- there will be a great many Gamecock fans who will use it as a source of frustration...I can hear it now "how the hell do we beat Auburn but lose to Mizzou and Kentucky!?"

In essence- a historic upset like this would cause many in our fanbase to be even more pissed off.

Would that be ironic? I always mess up the proper use of irony.
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM   #13
CackDiesel
Bowl MVP

Male

CackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot material

Leaving Friday morning. Going to stake out a place to tailgate Friday night.
Go COCKS!

CackDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:44 PM   #14
tkousc
4-Star

Male

tkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudly

I'm going. First time there. My best friend lives in Lagrange GA and his in laws are big Auburn people that got us tix. Hopefully I can just enjoy the weekend but come gametime I just know I'm gonna be overly optimistic to my own detriment.
tkousc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM   #15
JeffW
Recruit

Male

JeffW has feathers coming inJeffW has feathers coming in

Leaving Friday morning around 8.
JeffW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM   #16
taylorssc
Bowl MVP

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

Went to the last game against Auburn.... not a good memory. Im hoping we play them better at Jordan Hare than we did at the Ga Dome.

Watch your speed on the north and south side of Bham. Ophelika is fun town on game day. Enjoy the trip.

For those of you driving from SC. Do not speed in Alabama. Once you cross in from GA, the speed limit drops to 55. Lots of road work. Speed traps are always set up as you enter Leeds, east of Bham. Cops are usually heavy around LaGrange if you're taking 85.

Drive safe everybody.
taylorssc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM   #17
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I am changing things up and watching from the beach.
Old Yesterday, 02:08 PM   #18
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

I'll be there. I've been to Auburn a few times, but never for a game. Love the town, so it's exciting to finally cross Jordan-Hare off my list.
Old Today, 07:13 AM   #19
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

What's the deal with catching a ride from Columbus Sat morning and back after the game? I'm not gonna be in a condition to drive.

Do you think some friendly fans would take us?
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:13 AM   #20
Alum2012Teacher
Walk On

Male

Alum2012Teacher has hatched from the shell

Grew up an Auburn fan, parents went there, now I bleed garnet and black. Making the trip, anyone want to let me know where all the Carolina people will be tailgating. Would love some company.
Alum2012Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote