CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Regalcock
JerseyBird
CockyLifer
The Yancey
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
Cockhornleghorn
SMOTFS86
rabid cock
Bruce!!! (1184)
2014 Subway Classic: (835)
Kentucky is dominati (753)
**USC vs. Coker GAME (722)
Question for those w (693)
Going to the Duck Bo (340)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (135)
movers, furniture do (129)
Streaming nfl games (117)
Happy Winter Solstic (80)
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Cleveland Browns Headshot
Streaming nfl games
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Decommitment from Texas A
Bruce!!!
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Cocky at the Duck Command
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu

Old 11-30-2014, 03:20 PM   #1
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Mangus to UNLV?

Sounds a bit far fetched to me but stranger things have happened. It would be great for him to get a HC job but I would hate to see him go.

Quote:
G.A. Mangus, South Carolina quarterbacks coach[/b]- Mangus is no stranger to tough situations. As the head coach at Division III Delaware Valley (Pa.), he took a 2-8 program that had never won much, had dismal facilities, a low budget and led them to the playoffs, setting records along the way. Then, he coordinated the offense for Rick Stockstill at Middle Tennessee State as the Blue Raiders went to bowl games and reversed course (MTSU still is good and is a similar set-up to UNLV). His time at South Carolina under Steve Spurrier has been successful- it has been the best run in Gamecocks history, he is the staffs best recruiter and his offensive system- which blends Spurrier’s passing game with a zone/read running attack- is dynamic and effective. This is an out-of-the-box hire, but one that would mean success.
http://unlv.247sports.com/Bolt/Whats...tball-33410674

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 03:36 PM   #2
ZenUSC
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit
Default Re: Mangus to UNLV?

He has no qb to coach next year.
ZenUSC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 04:39 PM   #3
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Tough place to win. Similar to Memphis if you ax me.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:01 PM   #4
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

All I can find is him on a list with orgeron and a few others
Old 11-30-2014, 05:15 PM   #5
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1007834
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Other than Shaw what has he done?
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 05:20 PM   #6
scfan2001
I'm comin for u

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudlyscfan2001 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
Other than Shaw what has he done?
urinate in public, lol
scfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 05:22 PM   #7
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot material

He can recruit but he doesn't coach much judging from his track record. Wouldn't hurt very much. It would also force spurrier to bring in fresh blood
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 05:27 PM   #8
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
He can recruit but he doesn't coach much judging from his track record. Wouldn't hurt very much. It would also force spurrier to bring in fresh blood
Funny. I think this description fits pretty much every coach on the team expect Sr.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 05:29 PM   #9
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000995751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Everyone was so worried about Ward being gone that we forgot about other teams coming to pick us clean of all our other decent coaches.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:00 PM   #10
Eutaw Kid
4-Star

Male

Eutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Sounds a bit far fetched to me but stranger things have happened. It would be great for him to get a HC job but I would hate to see him go.

http://unlv.247sports.com/Bolt/Whats...tball-33410674
Maybe he'll hire Ward as his DC!!!
Eutaw Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:00 PM   #11
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Everyone was so worried about Ward being gone that we forgot about other teams coming to pick us clean of all our other decent coaches.
uhmm...I guess but if so far with qbs we have the Garcia experiment, Shaw, and Thompson. a 33% success rate when you have one position to manage and develop. That's not even including the highly rated transfers and a qb who is so bad at passing the ball they wanted to move him to TE. Oh, and then there's our 4 star who did awesome warming the bench this year.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:02 PM   #12
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000995751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
uhmm...I guess but if so far with qbs we have the Garcia experiment, Shaw, and Thompson. a 33% success rate when you have one position to manage and develop. That's not even including the highly rated transfers and a qb who is so bad at passing the ball they wanted to move him to TE. Oh, and then there's our 4 star who did awesome warming the bench this year.
I never said good, I said decent.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:14 PM   #13
SMOTFS86
4-Star

Male

SMOTFS86 is learning to peckSMOTFS86 is learning to peck

I think Mangus would be pissed having to play Mountain West teams every week.
SMOTFS86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:19 PM   #14
sunbeam
4-Star

Male

sunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudly

It was probably on this board, but I saw some breakdown of what all our assistant coaches make once.

GA was one of the lowest paid on the staff. I don't remember what the exact numbers were, but it was between two and three hundred k.

Sounds like a lot... well if you work as a cashier. But that is pretty low for an assistant at a school that has any aspirations to do things like win an SEC championship.

Maybe it is what he's worth, or he had bad timing with the pee pee incident. I dunno.

But financially if he were offered the job, it would be a no brainer to take it. Spurrier will retire sometime, then he is going to be looking for another job anyway. Even if this gig didn't work out, he's going to be looking again anyway.
sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:28 PM   #15
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy is crowing loudlyCockyGuy is crowing loudlyCockyGuy is crowing loudlyCockyGuy is crowing loudlyCockyGuy is crowing loudlyCockyGuy is crowing loudlyCockyGuy is crowing loudlyCockyGuy is crowing loudlyCockyGuy is crowing loudlyCockyGuy is crowing loudlyCockyGuy is crowing loudly

Lincoln Riley on line #1
Old 11-30-2014, 08:12 PM   #16
803scdantes
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material

Why would you hire a qb coach who hasn't developed one qb in the entire time he's been here?
Old 11-30-2014, 09:28 PM   #17
highpockets12
Recruit

Male

highpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurs

Good ..hasnt done anything to make me miss him..worst season yet
highpockets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 09:54 PM   #18
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

I don't have anything against GA but it's not going to cause me a lot of grief if he takes that job. Some new blood and fresh ideas will be a good thing, assuming we make a quality hire to replace him.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:09 PM   #19
tcmac08
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 23001
tcmac08 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
It was probably on this board, but I saw some breakdown of what all our assistant coaches make once.

GA was one of the lowest paid on the staff. I don't remember what the exact numbers were, but it was between two and three hundred k.

Sounds like a lot... well if you work as a cashier. But that is pretty low for an assistant at a school that has any aspirations to do things like win an SEC championship.

Maybe it is what he's worth, or he had bad timing with the pee pee incident. I dunno.

But financially if he were offered the job, it would be a no brainer to take it. Spurrier will retire sometime, then he is going to be looking for another job anyway. Even if this gig didn't work out, he's going to be looking again anyway.
Ga 's pay was frozen for a year (or maybe two) as part of his probation for the Greenville incident.
tcmac08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 11:48 PM   #20
803scdantes
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
This.