CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Cockypantherfan
ACPhilson
taylorssc
KaneisAble
GamecockSuperFan
Roosterboy
zcockz
PageUSC
DTGCOCKS#32
HBC Weekly Presser (1700)
Thompson Has Neck In (1381)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (787)
Zone Read Analysis w (693)
What fish do you eat (667)
Clowney didnt get ma (657)
4th & 1 Play (597)
KY Suspends 4 Player (573)
Request (348)
So What? (256)
Kentucky prediction
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
HBC Weekly Presser
Dylan Thompson looks brok
So What?
4th & 1 Play
One player could have cha
10-2
Bad Week For Upstate Coac
Thoughts on the basketbal

Old 08-26-2014, 02:55 AM   #1
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
YouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot material
Default Bring a bottle of water

I mentioned this in another thread but wanted to make sure new folks and Aggies are made aware.

You are allowed to bring 1 unopened bottle of water into the stadium. I always freeze one to take in with me. It won't take it long to thaw Thursday.

Go Cocks!
YouCanNeverTell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:11 AM   #2
Colorado Cocksman
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Colorado Cocksman has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Bring a bottle of water

Size limit on the bottle? Liter okay?
Thanks
Colorado Cocksman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:33 AM   #3
Texas_Aggies
Walk On

Male

Texas_Aggies has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCanNeverTell View Post
I mentioned this in another thread but wanted to make sure new folks and Aggies are made aware.

You are allowed to bring 1 unopened bottle of water into the stadium. I always freeze one to take in with me. It won't take it long to thaw Thursday.

Go Cocks!
Appreciate the advice, but this ain't our first rodeo. We're from Texas. We know about heat.
Texas_Aggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:54 AM   #4
Wkrice91
Blue Chip

Male

Wkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Aggies View Post
Appreciate the advice, but this ain't our first rodeo. We're from Texas. We know about heat.
You probably do know about the heat....but you don't know the Brice.
Wkrice91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:54 AM   #5
jellafever
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

1 bottle per person, just to be clear. Also, I don't believe there is a size limit, but it may depend on the event worker at the gate you enter. I've seen one guy bring in a gallon jug before, and the event worker just shrugged her shoulders and let him thru.
jellafever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:58 AM   #6
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Texas heat and the heat inside Williams Brice are two totally different things. Fans from all across the conference will tell you that W-B is the hottest place on the planet on game day. Seriously freeze you a big ass bottle of water and take it in with you.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #7
gamecocks24
Walk On

Male

gamecocks24 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
What about humidity? Columbia isn't called the armpit of the south for nothing. Last year for the UNC game, their fans were shocked about how hot and humid it was.
gamecocks24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #8
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Please can we be "better than Columbia at ANYTHING???

According to the Weather Channel

Quote:
Weather At-a-Glance:
On Average:
College Station, TX is warmer than Columbia, SC by 2F.

Columbia, SC is wetter than College Station, TX by 6.3 in.
We get that it is hot there, it is hot everywhere in the south. Two years ago we had 50+ days in a row over 100* oh and it's humid too.
I have been to a lot of places to watch games and I know the hottest I have ever been was Marching into Kyle field with shoes that shined like a black mirror and when I finished the march in it looked like they were shined with a Hershey bar, Polish melted clean off. The heat is not going to affect us anymore than it would at home.
Thanks for the water bottle tip though. That is good to know, I think all hot places should allow that. Hell at Darlington you can bring a 12 pack of beer into the race.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #9
l^l^lBGCock
4-Star

Male

l^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Look at the arrogance.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:58 AM   #10
Gamecockman12
Blue Chip

Male

Gamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
Please can we be "better than Columbia at ANYTHING???

According to the Weather Channel

We get that it is hot there, it is hot everywhere in the south. Two years ago we had 50+ days in a row over 100* oh and it's humid too.
I have been to a lot of places to watch games and I know the hottest I have ever been was Marching into Kyle field with shoes that shined like a black mirror and when I finished the march in it looked like they were shined with a Hershey bar, Polish melted clean off. The heat is not going to affect us anymore than it would at home.
Thanks for the water bottle tip though. That is good to know, I think all hot places should allow that. Hell at Darlington you can bring a 12 pack of beer into the race.
I've been to Texas, it's not that hot. You'll see on THursday it's different down here in SC.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #11
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Wait a minute: are we really arguing about which state is hotter? LOL

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:01 PM   #12
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockman12 View Post
I've been to Texas, it's not that hot. You'll see on THursday it's different down here in SC.
You realize it is a big state right... I lived in SC for a Year and NC for 6, it ain't that hot there.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #13
jellafever
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

are you coming from malaysia?
jellafever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:18 PM   #14
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Yep.
Gonna be a scorcher...aka a typical day in Columbia.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:19 PM   #15
WolfPack14
Walk On

Male

WolfPack14 has hatched from the shell

Does it have to be a bottle or can we bring the gallon jugs in? Thanks for the heads up!
WolfPack14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:20 PM   #16
dixiecock
Walk On

dixiecock is learning to peck

low humidity this week, will actually be nice unlike last year with high temp and high humidity.
dixiecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:22 PM   #17
dixiecock
Walk On

dixiecock is learning to peck

hence their rally on our state house steps. You can't even be nice to some of these guys without a smartass response. Arrogance is the word. Funny how they were not quite so arrogant when they were in the same conference with The University of Texas.
dixiecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:23 PM   #18
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

[quote=Aggie96;4236328]Please can we be "better than Columbia at ANYTHING???

You're on a South Carolina message board dude. What do you expect?

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:24 PM   #19
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
arguing about which state's women are hotter
Fixed it so it's acceptable...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:25 PM   #20
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

TBH I took the OP as a tip that the gate nazis will allow folks to bring in a bottle of water. How it got derailed into a pissing contest over weather seems a little puzzling.