CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
b381l
Regalcock
mpilot0705
U-Dub Gamecock
Storm Of Spurs
talkincock
doubledribble
gamecockgal
catdaddy66
**USC vs. South Alab (18469)
Clemson (2419)
Drew Owens missing? (2310)
Question about after (1927)
Dylan Thompson surpa (1235)
Shaq Roland (1199)
FishFry 47-yarder (707)
clemson game time: N (682)
How about this scena (546)
Tenn-Mizzou game (386)
Clemson fan here
Clemson
Question about after the
Winston
Tenn-Mizzou game
Drew Owens missing?
UFC Fight Night 57: Frank
what I think ab ward
2014 Charleston Classic *
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa

Old 08-29-2014, 12:53 PM   #1
superfly
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material
Default Square one ....

It looks like that's where we are. If so, then Dylan is not the QB and Ward's 3-4 is a joke. Dylan can't throw the little underneath or the long ball very well. We need to bring on Mitch and play a 4-3-5.....It will be a shame to throw away a full season and not gain experience from it on what we plan to do in the future. I am not saying Mitch is better but Mitch will be here after Dylan leaves. Now this is after one game....but a historical loss of a game. We need to do what we did the last 3 years on defense (despite the personnel ) and groom our future QB now.....Hey....it couldn't get much worse and next season might play out better. We will be lucky to finish at .500 at this rate.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:01 PM   #2
HeadCockFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Square one ....

Did this need to be a new thread?
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:02 PM   #3
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
It looks like that's where we are. If so, then Dylan is not the QB and Ward's 3-4 is a joke. Dylan can't throw the little underneath or the long ball very well. We need to bring on Mitch and play a 4-3-5.....It will be a shame to throw away a full season and not gain experience from it on what we plan to do in the future. I am not saying Mitch is better but Mitch will be here after Dylan leaves. Now this is after one game....but a historical loss of a game. We need to do what we did the last 3 years on defense (despite the personnel ) and groom our future QB now.....Hey....it couldn't get much worse and next season might play out better. We will be lucky to finish at .500 at this rate.
I do agree with you on one thing. As bad as our defense is, we really could use 12 players on the field.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
superfly
Game MVP

Male

superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I do agree with you on one thing. As bad as our defense is, we really could use 12 players on the field.
You caught that...lol.....the 12th man. We needed it, not Texas A&M.....I still can laugh, but it's to keep from crying...
Old 08-29-2014, 01:07 PM   #5
superfly
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Did this need to be a new thread?
Probably not but I didn't see one before I started it. My bad...
Old 08-29-2014, 01:07 PM   #6
fuze1027
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
fuze1027 is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
You caught that...lol.....the 12th man. We needed it, not Texas A&M.....I still can laugh, but it's to keep from crying...
I know your feels.
fuze1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:09 PM   #7
18IsTheMan
Banned

Male

18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs

I imagine they'll be going back to the drawing board for a lot this week. Also expect SOS to be hands-on with the defense.
18IsTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:17 PM   #8
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Well we played a few times with 10 on the field and the 11th just making off the sidelines when the ball was snapped so if they try 12 maybe they'd actually have 11.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote