CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
markp_vip
Gamecocks1137
jrussjr
Acockolypse Now
PageUSC
COCKYTALKIN
spareparts
ChickenButt
Cockypantherfan
eightohhthree
Legitimate, Unbiased (1822)
Antonio Allen vs Als (1762)
why we're in this po (1510)
Pharoh Cooper is a s (1306)
Predict the Season ( (1262)
I guess we don't get (1201)
open discussion of t (1120)
Spurrier Press confe (1035)
Dylan Thompson picke (988)
Waldrop & Willia (817)
Predict the Season (After
D line pressure
Antonio Allen vs Alshon J
Acock's Wrap Up: Vandy
Vols @ UGA (ESPN - Noon)
Pharoh Cooper is a stud
2014-15 Premier League se
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Spurrier Press conference
open discussion of this t

Old 08-29-2014, 03:22 PM   #1
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster
Default ...IF we had won?

...would anyone really be happy?

Yes, we'd be 1-0, but would we be so pissed off as to actually make the necessary changes?
Old 08-29-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: ...IF we had won?

I'd be more concerned because it would've meant that we were just as good talent wise but didn't execute or play well.

I'm really not mad about the loss. We lost to a team with better players. Nothing we could've done about it.

Re-group and move to the next game.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

For me, it's not that we lost. I could have accepted a loss. What has so many people in a panic is the way we lost.

That was probably the worst game we've played in this century.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:29 PM   #4
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I'd be more concerned because it would've meant that we were just as good talent wise didn't execute or play well.

I'm really not mad about the loss. We lost to a team with better players. Nothing we could've done about it.

Re-group and move to the next game.
I'm not really mad about the loss per say- I'm more mad that our coaches didn't see it coming. I mean at least prepare me some before a pwnage of those proportions.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:30 PM   #5
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
For me, it's not that we lost. I could have accepted a loss. What has so many people in a panic is the way we lost.

Exactly. And this is a century in which we lost to clemsux 63-17 and played in the papajohns.com bowl.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:31 PM   #6
bmcc4usc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
bmcc4usc has earned his spursbmcc4usc has earned his spursbmcc4usc has earned his spursbmcc4usc has earned his spursbmcc4usc has earned his spursbmcc4usc has earned his spurs

Well, while a loss is never good and a 24 pint beatdown suks we will see what these guys are made of. They will either get pissed and kill ECU or lose heart and be even worse. About to find out what type of character this team has.
Also, I noticed the defense always looking to each other and the sidelines with their hands raised completely lost. Maybe we should call a defense and stop trying to outsmart the Offense by adjusting after they're lined up. Confusion does no one good and our guys looked like a nun in a strip bar.

Too bad thats not purple and orange
bmcc4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #7
southerntramp
Game MVP

Male

southerntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudly

a W is a W!

Rather have that first and foremost....

sure terrible play, but you can improve. It's always better with a W.
southerntramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:44 PM   #8
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post

2008 56-6 loss to Florida is up there too. But this was at home.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:45 PM   #9
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntramp View Post
a W is a W!

Rather have that first and foremost....

sure terrible play, but you can improve. It's always better with a W.
Yep, as John Madden used to say, winning is a great deodorant.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:46 PM   #10
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
...would anyone really be happy?

Yes, we'd be 1-0, but would we be so pissed off as to actually make the necessary changes?
The changes should have been made in the off-season. If that had happened, we would have most likely won last night.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote