CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
JaxcockFL
doubledribble
SMOTFS86
GregoryHouse
Cockhornleghorn
B-G
Regalcock
JerseyBird
2014 Subway Classic: (2022)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1493)
Former Gamecock root (1388)
Franks boy's are pla (1157)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (550)
Kentucky is dominati (518)
Has the window close (458)
Chance of my lifetim (457)
Question for those w (418)
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Bruce!!!
Has the window closed for
Franks boy's are playing
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Question for those who ha
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
The Vent and Coaching cha
Decommitment from Texas A

Old 08-28-2014, 10:19 PM   #1
GamecockStud
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
GamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockStud has developed his gaff and talons
Default I'm not looking forward to aTm being our rival

Too much talent, Too much money
Old 08-28-2014, 10:29 PM   #2
tkousc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
tkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudly
Default Re: I'm not looking forward to aTm being our rival

Bring back Arkansas please. I'm not sure we will ever be able to stop that spread offense consistently in next 10 yrs.
tkousc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:57 PM   #3
Lose a few
Walk On

Male

Lose a few has hatched from the shell

Aggies looking forward to playing the gamecocks annually.
Lose a few is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:03 AM   #4
TAFC 5 1981
Two Deep

Male

TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

Not if they can get a defense like the 2012 team. We (Clemson) had a very good offense and it was shut down.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:13 AM   #5
Blackland
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

TAM will beat us worse next year at their place. They will be worse than Albarn and Ark combined.
Blackland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:59 AM   #6
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Sumlin will be gone in less than 2 years. Bank on it, the NFL will come calling quickly.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:09 AM   #7
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

What's with us and those west teams? Can never seem to beat LSU or Auburn, struggled for a while against Arkansas and now it looks like we're going to have problems with A&M.
Gamecocks321 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:11 AM   #8
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Moving us to TAMU made no sense to begin with. At least we came in with Arky.

It would make more sense to have one of the Mississippi schools, considering distance.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:16 AM   #9
USCNowAndForever
Recruit

Male

USCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkousc View Post
Bring back Arkansas please. I'm not sure we will ever be able to stop that spread offense consistently in next 10 yrs.
That's nonsense. The Air Raid doesn't work in the SEC. It's just a gimmick offense.
USCNowAndForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:36 AM   #10
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Well they do have a lot of money which will give them the best talent but playing against them I think it will make us better. Sure we may not beat them right away but we get footage on them every year against our guys and we can figure them out. WE had no idea what to expect and a new defensive scheme with too much inexperience against their stud recruits tonight but we still could have made it a shoot out ard gets that ball and we don't drop that td pass and it would have put more pressure on them and score would have been much closer.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:40 AM   #11
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

CockyCash: 200
Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
What's with us and those west teams? Can never seem to beat LSU or Auburn, struggled for a while against Arkansas and now it looks like we're going to have problems with A&M.
West is stronger hands down the past few years, doesn't look like that will change anytime soon
Old 08-29-2014, 04:52 PM   #12
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1007834
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

The defensive teams we had the past two years would have owned the aggies last night. And Shaw and Ellington as well. While they were considerably better than us last night, I don't think that game was indicative of the teams we've been able to field in the past or hopefully in the future.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:12 PM   #13
ABATTBQ11
Recruit

Male

ABATTBQ11 is learning to peckABATTBQ11 is learning to peck
Question Re: I'm not looking forward to aTm being our rival

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
The defensive teams we had the past two years would have owned the aggies last night. And Shaw and Ellington as well. While they were considerably better than us last night, I don't think that game was indicative of the teams we've been able to field in the past or hopefully in the future.
But what would they have done if we'd had our 2012 team?

I don't think you guys are going to have trouble, you just have a young defensive squad. They will get better.

I also don't think Sumlin will leave. He got offered the Eagles job and turned them down already. An NFL job would require much more time, and he and his wife seem to be quite comfortable in College Station. Money can only make you so happy, and I think he'd rather coach college football and live in a smaller college town than uproot and move to the NFL and spend more time away from his family. He's already making $5 million a year, so what could another $3-4 million a year buy him that he can't already get? With SECN money, we'd also be able to offer an even more competitive salary.
ABATTBQ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:05 PM   #14
SCBLACKDOG
Recruit

Male

SCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his comb

If you can't beat them join them (at least in recruiting). We need to set up shop in Texas and make a big push to recruit there. Screw geography and the financial requirements. Those boys were bigger, faster, stronger, etc.
SCBLACKDOG is offline   Reply With Quote