CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
Sandstorm29
aftertwobowls
The Yancey
Regalcock
robgusc76
5lbYardcock
GregoryHouse
Cocks N Stuff
The Vent and Coachin (7584)
Disturbing comments (2937)
does anybody think w (2368)
2015 schedule is bru (1996)
UF lets Durkin go (1945)
2015 Early Enrollees (1576)
**USC Women vs. Hamp (1027)
SOS...a day late &am (982)
The U ends apparel d (651)
Bobo to Colorado St? (643)
2015 schedule is brutal
2015 - Ulric Jones
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
2015 Commitment - Ernest
QB Next Season?
2014-15 Early Enrollees
2015 Commitment - Dexter
Gerald Turner
2015 Commitment - Jalen H
The Vent and Coaching cha

Old 08-30-2014, 05:12 PM   #41
duff18
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
duff18 is crowing loudlyduff18 is crowing loudlyduff18 is crowing loudlyduff18 is crowing loudlyduff18 is crowing loudlyduff18 is crowing loudlyduff18 is crowing loudlyduff18 is crowing loudlyduff18 is crowing loudlyduff18 is crowing loudlyduff18 is crowing loudly
Default Re: My Observations About USC Football and Campus

WOW, funny posts coming from an aggie. I live in Houston and have several aggie friends - all good people and we had a good back and forth before, during and after the game, although I had to take a lot of crap from them during and after - all in good fun.

However, this notion of the high and almighty aggie fan is nonsense. They are practically a sad cult and their 12th man nonsense is just that- nonsense. And they think they invented it, will even sue anyone who tries to use it. College station - yikes, don't get me started.

And for our classy aggie fans, I went to an aggie friend's house to watch the game here in Houston. I had on a gamecock tshirt and hat and made a stop at a grocery store to grab some beer beforehand. Some aggie dad and his kid told me we sucked and F### off. This is in a grocery store in Houston....

Anyway, Aggies are better than Longhorns...I'll give them that, but for a somewhat local fan base, give me LSU anyday. Cajuns are more fun, more realistic and have better traditions.....
duff18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:19 PM   #42
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

I think that something the A&M people don't realize is that our state house was literally a battleground once where many of our ancestors fought and died around. It is still scared by canon ball holes where Shermans army attacked it.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:20 PM   #43
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan_aggie View Post
Right...good justification to be jackasses.

At least we see each other in the same light: we're taters/Clemson folk, and you are a rung below LSU. I'll go to Bama, Auburn, and Miss St this year and re-rank then.
You Texicans fired the first shot against OUR state and quite frankly everything you classless Aggies got, you deserved. Don't mess with Texas? Don't **** with South Carolina.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:11 PM   #44
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Nm
Old 08-30-2014, 06:13 PM   #45
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Your sound system is loud. That is it. The fans do not know how to really get into the game.

The tailgating scene left a lot to be desired.

Summary: Like the town, the campus, the love of football. However, USC students came off rude, USC alumn come off incredibly Cocky (go figure...) and gave A&M absolutely no respect. I thought we'd possibly win a close game by maybe 3 points. Delivering that epic beat down at WB and breaking your 18 game home winning streak was well deserved after hearing so much garbage come from the USC side.
This is a perfect example of a totally ungracious person. I am sure the other Aggies think you are scum for coming on our message board and expressing your worthless and unwelcome opinions.

Congratulations on the win.

As a person you suck.

Quote:
We had been going to the capitol in Austin for 50+ yrs doing the same thing. Did I choose the location in Columbia? No. I agree that they probably could have picked a better spot. I said that in the first thread about "let's disrupt midnight yell".

But don't use that as some justification to return a favor and yell **** you or suck my cock to my wife and I while walking around on campus. I realize *YOU* didn't say that, but the classless students sure as hell did.
When your yell leaders are leading cheers in Austin, do they insult the State of Texas like your yell leaders did in Columbia?
Old 08-30-2014, 06:26 PM   #46
LibertarianCock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
LibertarianCock has hatched from the shell

@ evan_aggie : You say we have a few bad apples? Well, your fans actually planned in unison to do one of most disrespectful things I have ever witnessed. Your fans, team and school lost any and all respect when you people pulled that bulls*ht at our state house. Don't come back here, you are not welcome. Go f*ck yourself while you eat a d*ck.
LibertarianCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:37 PM   #47
drumboy
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1000000201
drumboy has developed his gaff and talonsdrumboy has developed his gaff and talonsdrumboy has developed his gaff and talonsdrumboy has developed his gaff and talonsdrumboy has developed his gaff and talonsdrumboy has developed his gaff and talonsdrumboy has developed his gaff and talonsdrumboy has developed his gaff and talonsdrumboy has developed his gaff and talonsdrumboy has developed his gaff and talonsdrumboy has developed his gaff and talons

nm

Last edited by drumboy; 08-30-2014 at 07:51 PM.
drumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:39 PM   #48
Cockyteg
Banned

Male

Cockyteg is learning to peck

if anyone was cocky it was atm. coming in doing your cheerleader yells at the state capital. I understand the tradition but somewhere else would have sufficed. yes we got beat but when Kenny hill did the johnny football money sign and then the singing on our field, I lost all respect for atm. good talent but seem like a cocky punk as well.
Cockyteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:01 PM   #49
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Sounds to me like whatever was yelled at you and your wife was totally warranted, if you ask me. Take your shit elsewhere, douche.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:30 PM   #50
gAmkok
Eh.

Male

gAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPit

OP's post is the only time a Texan has ever (or will ever) downplay Texas barbecue. Like everything else, they think theirs is God's gift to the rest of the World and everyone else's is far inferior. OP is full of shit. You can't trust a thing he says. His backhanded compliments and his insults are all BS.

After the "Sherman/Fire/Destroy Columbia" crap, no Aggie has the right to speak about fan class ever again. Or to express an opinion about another school's environment. They're all lying scum.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:34 PM   #51
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

So you guys expect to be dickheads especially at the midnight yell and not expect our fans to get rowdy?
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:20 PM   #52
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

The fact that they got an unsportsmanlike conduct on offense in the 4th quarter tells you everything.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:24 PM   #53
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

^Sumlin does seem to not have very well disciplined players for a "military" school.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:07 PM   #54
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

SouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervous

I went to midnight yell and was standing next to some dumb Aggie fan that was saying some disrespectful obnoxious things and I had to direct my girlfriend and self elsewhere before I lost it. I didn't hear them say anything about Sherman and burning but if that's true I'm surprised there wasn't a brawl.
SouthCGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:09 PM   #55
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

SouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by gAmkok View Post
After the "Sherman/Fire/Destroy Columbia" crap, no Aggie has the right to speak about fan class ever again. Or to express an opinion about another school's environment. They're all lying scum.
I had no idea. Wow. Now that's low class. Wow
SouthCGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:15 PM   #56
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
We had been going to the capitol in Austin for 50+ yrs doing the same thing. Did I choose the location in Columbia? No. I agree that they probably could have picked a better spot. I said that in the first thread about "let's disrupt midnight yell".

But don't use that as some justification to return a favor and yell **** you or suck my cock to my wife and I while walking around on campus. I realize *YOU* didn't say that, but the classless students sure as hell did.
YOURE A ****ING AGGIE, THAT MAKES SENSE, YOU ARENT A SOUTH CAROLINIAN. **** THE AGGIES

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:19 PM   #57
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCGC View Post
I went to midnight yell and was standing next to some dumb Aggie fan that was saying some disrespectful obnoxious things and I had to direct my girlfriend and self elsewhere before I lost it. I didn't hear them say anything about Sherman and burning but if that's true I'm surprised there wasn't a brawl.
I've been trying to find a clip on youtube about the Sherman comments, but haven't found any. If you come across an Aggie tell them without South Carolina there would be no Texas.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:00 PM   #58
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Evan Aggie, do you realize that 50+ years you did the traditional yelling on YOUR state house steps? Texas' state house steps? Your steps are fine, ours are not... Period. Next time y'all need to figure that out and go somewhere else. There are actually several nice locations like The state museum, the Colonial Life arena, Finley park. They would be acceptable substitutes.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. Come back in two years and act like you've been here before.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:16 PM   #59
highstick
4-Star

Male

highstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff18 View Post
WOW, funny posts coming from an aggie. I live in Houston and have several aggie friends - all good people and we had a good back and forth before, during and after the game, although I had to take a lot of crap from them during and after - all in good fun.

However, this notion of the high and almighty aggie fan is nonsense. They are practically a sad cult and their 12th man nonsense is just that- nonsense. And they think they invented it, will even sue anyone who tries to use it. College station - yikes, don't get me started.

And for our classy aggie fans, I went to an aggie friend's house to watch the game here in Houston. I had on a gamecock tshirt and hat and made a stop at a grocery store to grab some beer beforehand. Some aggie dad and his kid told me we sucked and F### off. This is in a grocery store in Houston....

Anyway, Aggies are better than Longhorns...I'll give them that, but for a somewhat local fan base, give me LSU anyday. Cajuns are more fun, more realistic and have better traditions.....

I was in Houston in March and took a trip over to the Bush museum. No trees, the food at the Whataburger was pretty lame, and all I saw was the dance halls where the Aggies go dance with each other. They are not superior even to a starving cow with only briars to eat!!
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #60
803scdantes
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Midnight Yell might have worked because of exactly what you stated...apathetic teams you faced in the Big 12. We don't play that shit in the SEC. Do it before you leave Texas.

...YET, you feel you deserve some class and respect from our fans with a stunt like that? We don't care "that you've been doing it forever and it's tradition." Your tradition means shit to us in our house. Why is this so hard to get through your skulls?

Also, of course the fans weren't as into the game...they were shellshocked just as much as the team. We expected to win the game and not have your rookie QB play well as he did. Sure most of the fans were in somewhat of a daze.

If you looked for tailgating on campus...you didn't research much, huh?
This.