CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
GregoryHouse
zcoop
Badazcock
Gamecocks1137
roosterdude21
Jdallen20
Cockypantherfan
GamecockinILL
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (14260)
ESPN Game Day Commen (1831)
Simple "yes&quo (1383)
Phil Steele just pre (1081)
Garcia: Change the R (647)
TeMarcus Blanton (642)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Miss St vs. Kentucky (302)
Anybody just have th (296)
Wallpaper & Back (255)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Anybody just have that &q
WET PAPER SACK DEFENSE
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Bama @ Tennessee
Turtle Beach
Miss St vs. Kentucky
Where in Seattle
UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs Cha
Instrumental Music (Pre g

Old 08-30-2014, 08:05 PM   #21
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Who else wants to see Connor Mitch play significant snaps against ECU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyGuy View Post
This guy.. I would rather see Williams than Wilds also.
Why? Wilds is our best RB right now by far
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:36 PM   #22
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit
Default Re: Who else wants to see Connor Mitch play significant snaps against ECU?

I don't see Connor Mitch being much help this year. I see our offense as having great potential if the OL can be more aggressive. I was pleased with Dylan's play as well as all the skill players but our OL had a bad day.
What can Connor Mitch do with people in his face and no line blocking?
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:38 PM   #23
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Need a qb with running ability plain and simple. Opens up more options on offense. I'm not saying that's Mitch but that's what we need.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:38 PM   #24
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Can Connor Mitch win the backup job is the question. Cart before the horse right now.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:39 PM   #25
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

I think Connor Mitch should get meaningful snaps, I watch Alabama play 2 Qbs today, Clemsux, etc. He should get some whether we are ahead or not. If that will actually happen, remains to be unseen.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:39 PM   #26
Senior Rooster
Banned

Male

Senior Rooster has feathers coming inSenior Rooster has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18IsTheMan View Post
Whatever the case, we gotta get ONE of the backup some meaningful snaps this year or QB will be a total unknown next season.
I agree!!
Senior Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:40 PM   #27
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Can Connor Mitch win the backup job is the question. Cart before the horse right now.
Cover I know you have inroads into the team, but if you believe Connor Mitch is behind Perry Orth right now, I just do not know how to explain to you how stupid that actually is that you believe that. You were high on Noso all year and he fell flat on his face and almost transferred. Do you just not like Mitch or what?
Old 08-30-2014, 10:47 PM   #28
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

We need.to play other qbs for sure , we won't have Dylan next season and need someone with some experience. It won't hurt Dylan was inconsistent at best Thursday night .
Old 08-30-2014, 10:49 PM   #29
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

I have never understood why we can't play freshman QBs, hell Florida state and A&M can, why can't we? Sometimes they surprise you.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:49 PM   #30
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

im pretty sure if we looked back we can find this exact topic from last year about DT and shaw... aka the backup qb is always the most popular player on a team
Old 08-30-2014, 10:52 PM   #31
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
im pretty sure if we looked back we can find this exact topic from last year about DT and shaw... aka the backup qb is always the most popular player on a team
It's not really me, or anyone I think saying Thompson sucks, it is getting ready for next year. No one thought to play either Mitch, Noso, or Orth this year because of inexperience. Well, here is the perfect time to give the future of our team experience, but yet, no one wants to give them the dang ball.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:53 PM   #32
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
The story line from the other night was mostly the embarrassing performance by the defense but Dylan didn't exactly shine. Dylan deserves to start but you could make a case for the backup to get several series like Dylan was promised last year behind Shaw.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:58 PM   #33
Taylorspur
Recruit

Taylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spurs

The offense was OK, but as usual it seems we have no rhythm. Thompson has shown a bad habit of throwing high. He missed a lot of open guys and his running escape was slow. 50% completions will not get the job done and the way our line blocks you better give the next guy some serious preparation. I sure hope we look like a different team next Saturday.
Taylorspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:58 PM   #34
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
It's not really me, or anyone I think saying Thompson sucks, it is getting ready for next year. No one thought to play either Mitch, Noso, or Orth this year because of inexperience. Well, here is the perfect time to give the future of our team experience, but yet, no one wants to give them the dang ball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SClawman View Post
The story line from the other night was mostly the embarrassing performance by the defense but Dylan didn't exactly shine. Dylan deserves to start but you could make a case for the backup to get several series like Dylan was promised last year behind Shaw.
dont get me wrong im not opposed to some snaps for our #2 qb whoever that might be ..in certain situations... i also think dt did not get a fair shake due to the pressure of playing catch up all night and some questionable play calling (not establishing the run etc) but this happens everywhere to every team if a qb doesnt put up heisman like numbers
Old 08-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #35
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
dont get me wrong im not opposed to some snaps for our #2 qb whoever that might be ..in certain situations... i also think dt did not get a fair shake due to the pressure of playing catch up all night and some questionable play calling (not establishing the run etc) but this happens everywhere to every team if a qb doesnt put up heisman like numbers
Thing is Dylan did put up Heisman like numbers.. over 300 yards and 4 Tds passing.. not to shabby for a start to the season.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:11 PM   #36
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Can he play corner?
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:12 PM   #37
Cock
NoH0mer

Male

Cock is crowing loudlyCock is crowing loudlyCock is crowing loudlyCock is crowing loudlyCock is crowing loudlyCock is crowing loudlyCock is crowing loudlyCock is crowing loudlyCock is crowing loudlyCock is crowing loudlyCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcolinc View Post
I think I'd rather see our defense play than C Mitch right now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This ^
Old 08-30-2014, 11:13 PM   #38
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
Cover I know you have inroads into the team, but if you believe Connor Mitch is behind Perry Orth right now, I just do not know how to explain to you how stupid that actually is that you believe that. You were high on Noso all year and he fell flat on his face and almost transferred. Do you just not like Mitch or what?
Well you're pretty stupid for not believing that they are in a battle for the backup spot right now.

The only argument I made for Nosovitch was in regards to how the offense is structured in 2015 as a result of offensive line play.

I don't have any opinion on Mitch until he plays.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:13 PM   #39
Joe Gamecock
Walk On

Male

Joe Gamecock has hatched from the shell

Dylan did miss on a couple of short passes, but threw the deep ball well. If we can get our running game in gear, I think it will help him settle down, and his completion percentage should improve.
Joe Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:19 PM   #40
Blackland
Blue Chip

Male

Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

How did we lose McElvoy? He is looking great against LSU. Wish we had him. Dual threat and all that...