CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
l^l^lBGCock
jrussjr
Acockolypse Now
gamecockgal
A. Pilgrim
thekob
eightohhthree
COCKYTALKIN
uscGRAD04
Elliott Fry crushes (2450)
Tired of night games (1739)
Cooper (1270)
20 of 31 former play (1188)
Luginbill says ECU s (1148)
Next years RB situat (1132)
Coach Elliott pregam (1111)
What the heck is up (1100)
Been a pleasure talk (892)
Well, as it turns ou (788)
Defensive stand-around pl
Tony Stewart kills Kevin
SMU job - Spurrier Jr.?
Tired of night games
2015 - Roquan Smith
The Most Controversial Ga
Luginbill says ECU should
Freaky Coincidence or Div
Wake Forest recruiting...
Elliott Fry crushes Clems

Old 08-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #1
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material
Default Time to quit crying.

We play ECU this coming week, as the HBC would say, "You get one day to celebrate or feel bad about a win or loss."

That time is now over. I get we are fans, but from the mindset of the players, what must they be thinking? What are they working on? Better yet, how will they respond to this?

I don't see this one loss as the hell on earth most other fans see it to be. Where do we go from here?
I think we man up, and start playing some ball. We did it in the past, this team is no different.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:31 PM   #2
Senior Rooster
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Senior Rooster has feathers coming inSenior Rooster has feathers coming in
Default Re: Time to quit crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
We play ECU this coming week, as the HBC would say, "You get one day to celebrate or feel bad about a win or loss."

That time is now over. I get we are fans, but from the mindset of the players, what must they be thinking? What are they working on? Better yet, how will they respond to this?

I don't see this one loss as the hell on earth most other fans see it to be. Where do we go from here?
I think we man up, and start playing some ball. We did it in the past, this team is no different.
RIGHT!!!
Senior Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:32 PM   #3
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

gsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talons

Dline needs to get pressure, cover flats, tackle the beltline it don't wiggle attack. Run on offense wilds, carson and williams sit Davis rest him for dawgs.
gsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:33 PM   #4
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgp View Post
Dline needs to get pressure, cover flats, tackle the beltline it don't wiggle attack. Run on offense wilds, carson and williams sit Davis rest him for dawgs.
I agree with all that, and hopefully the coaching staff understands that we need to play our playmakers. I watched the 4th or 3rd string Chubb for Georgia run it wild, we need to get David Williams involved.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:44 PM   #5
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Yep, time to nut up and play some ball. Gotta play stronger, smarter, and faster.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:48 PM   #6
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly
Default Time to quit crying.

I totally agree. These guys got eaten alive at home. They didn't come to Carolina to be the next 6-6 team. We needed a good slap. Thank God it came this week, instead of week 6 or 7 against Tennessee. Let's go baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2014, 11:44 PM   #7
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I hope they have pride and come out nasty against ECU.

It's time to redeem yourselves.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:50 PM   #8
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

If I were Spurrier, we'd practice with this blaring all week long:

Old 08-30-2014, 11:56 PM   #9
gamecock ray
Walk On

Male

gamecock ray has earned his spursgamecock ray has earned his spursgamecock ray has earned his spursgamecock ray has earned his spursgamecock ray has earned his spursgamecock ray has earned his spursgamecock ray has earned his spurs

JUST TACKLE DAMMIT.
gamecock ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:05 AM   #10
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

We've got a team that has to win the winnable this year, if you get my meaning. I don't see us being competitive as we are against the better teams on our schedule (hope they prove me wrong), but there are games on our schedule where "star deficit" is not an excuse. We have to win this week. It is a must win, and I hope our team and staff are approaching it as though it is the biggest game on our schedule now, and from a psychological stand point, it kind of is now after what just happened.

I agree that it is time to move on and step up. We are not the only fans who are seeing a much less impressive product than advertised. Lots of close calls today for some of the traditional powers. At the end of the day, you've just got to win where you can and hope for the best.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:23 AM   #11
DorchesterGamecock
Walk On

Male

DorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his claws

Quote:

Call me an optimist but I think Thursday was a wake up call... I think we will slowly get better.
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:32 AM   #12
cockyguitar
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talons

No team likes to lose, but sometimes a loss is good. We needed that loss. Maybe it'll provide motivation to do better.
cockyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:35 AM   #13
cockyguitar
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatlighting View Post
We've got a team that has to win the winnable this year, if you get my meaning. I don't see us being competitive as we are against the better teams on our schedule (hope they prove me wrong), but there are games on our schedule where "star deficit" is not an excuse. We have to win this week. It is a must win, and I hope our team and staff are approaching it as though it is the biggest game on our schedule now, and from a psychological stand point, it kind of is now after what just happened.

I agree that it is time to move on and step up. We are not the only fans who are seeing a much less impressive product than advertised. Lots of close calls today for some of the traditional powers. At the end of the day, you've just got to win where you can and hope for the best.
I agree. Granted a lot of the big teams didn't lose like we did, but a lot of them struggled and could've lost. Every game isn't going to be a blowout. Heck the rest of our games I expect to be close, but we just gotta leave everything out on the field and like you said, hope for the best.
cockyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:57 AM   #14
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgp View Post
I would settle for tackling period. Your RB plan is spot on we need to be using DWill and mike needs to sit until he is healthy we will NEED depth at RB to compete in conference.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:58 AM   #15
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyguitar View Post
No team likes to lose, but sometimes a loss is good. We needed that loss. Maybe it'll provide motivation to do better.
No way to spin it a loss like we had being good?
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:06 AM   #16
NinjaSven
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock ray View Post
JUST TACKLE DAMMIT.
I felt like our guys were trying to hit the big tackle button in the NCAA Football video games. They seemed to be more concerned about a big hit or stripping the ball than wrapping up the defender and bringing them to the ground. It is a lack of fundamentals.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:54 AM   #17
aceum1234
Walk On

Male

aceum1234 has hatched from the shell

Quote:

I`ll agree,full speed ahead and don`t look back.
aceum1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:19 AM   #18
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Our team better not be crying, they better be trying furiously to learn how to play defense.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:34 AM   #19
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
I would settle for tackling period. Your RB plan is spot on we need to be using DWill and mike needs to sit until he is healthy we will NEED depth at RB to compete in conference.
The OL is supposed to block. That's how it works. They block and open up lanes for the RB. That didn't happen very often and that's why our running game was non existent.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:02 PM   #20
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 0
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I'm curious to know how Saturday's practice went.