CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
johnnyb
taylorssc
Lonnie
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
GarnetSwarm1990
QCB
gadeneer1986
So Disappointed With (2495)
Rank the QBs under S (1741)
Back like cooked cra (1368)
Who start on the d l (700)
No Comments on the H (695)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (222)
Gameday parking in A (157)
Vote For Cocky (108)
Why I think we beat Aubur
Rank the QBs under Spurri
So Disappointed With The
Texas athletic director:
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Tennessee game
Back like cooked crack
No Comments on the Holes?
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa

Old 08-31-2014, 12:04 PM   #1
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material
Default Do we have any shot against UGA?

I know, I know. I'm looking past ECU right now. As fans we can do that. I just now watched the highlights from the UGA-Clem game. They have an embarrassment of riches at runningback wow...

What do we have to do to beat them?

Obviously a big key is tackling. We absolutely have to load up on the run and attempt to force UGA to pass. Even though our pass defense is terrible.

We need to get ahead early so UGA leans more on the passing game than the running game.

Mike Davis. He needs to man up and go dominate like he's capable of. I think he'll be pumped up for this game since Gurley is one of his good friends and hopefully he'll want to show he's just as good as him.

I really don't think we have guys who can tackle Gurley and Chubb in the open field. We need some serious size up front to control the LOS so we can knock them down before they hit the 2nd level. Poor Mason Harris is gonna get swallowed up by those big boys up front. I'd love to see us put a big athletic guy like Deon Green at DE and see what he can do.

Any other thoughts?
Old 08-31-2014, 12:17 PM   #2
CarolinaSpur12
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 100500
CarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spurs
Default Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?

No. They will pick us apart just like A&M did. Hutson Mason can spin it and no need to comment on their running backs. We're doomed.

CarolinaSpur12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

No. Not the team that played Thursday night. We will get blown out by a similar margin to the a and m game.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:21 PM   #4
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

CockyCash: 500
StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

We always have a shot, but I don't like our chances. Georgia will name the score just like TaMU did if we don't improve.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:21 PM   #5
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

Wait until next Sunday to start worrying about UGA. The team needs to focus on getting their act together for ECU.

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html
SwampFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:24 PM   #6
usc51
Household Name

Male

usc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
I know, I know. I'm looking past ECU right now. As fans we can do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox View Post
Wait until next Sunday to start worrying about UGA. The team needs to focus on getting their act together for ECU.

Every damn time.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:27 PM   #7
gAmkok
Eh.

Male

gAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPit

The only way we have any shot against UGA is with the fulfillment of some very enormous "ifs".

If we can master tackling in the next two weeks.
If we can teach our DBs how to cover.
If we can figure out how to pass rush.
If we learn how to fill the gaps at the line.
If Dylan settles in early and makes good decisions.
If Mike D is able to play the whole game at 100%.
If we have three consistent legitimate options at WR.

If all of these things happen in the next two weeks, then we have a chance.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:40 PM   #8
Evilchicken3
Banned

Male

Evilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spurs

We have very little chance of winning, honestly. We'll be two touchdown dogs. This is where UGA's ascendance in the East begins again. We'll be competitive again, but not this year.
Evilchicken3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:56 PM   #9
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gAmkok View Post
The only way we have any shot against UGA is with the fulfillment of some very enormous "ifs".

If we can master tackling in the next two weeks.
If we can teach our DBs how to cover.
If we can figure out how to pass rush.
If we learn how to fill the gaps at the line.
If Dylan settles in early and makes good decisions.
If Mike D is able to play the whole game at 100%.
If we have three consistent legitimate options at WR.

If all of these things happen in the next two weeks, then we have a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ScottK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:00 PM   #10
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Our only shot is to score 50 points, and have Gurley worn down by the 4th. Unlikely, but it could happen. I give us a 10% chance. I'll be pumped no matter what. Every week is an opportunity to do something amazing.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:11 PM   #11
Pw00132
Banned

Male

Pw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahaha
Pw00132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:12 PM   #12
Blackland
Blue Chip

Male

Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

We will have to score a lot of points to win. Their defense isn't that great. Most likely their trio of RB's will grind us down and win the game for them. We have to have some serious ball control on offense.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:40 PM   #13
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Old 08-31-2014, 01:50 PM   #14
BlackMagic84
Esquire

Male

BlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spurs

I REFUSE to talk about or discuss UGA in anyway shape or form until the ECU game is over. Period.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:51 PM   #15
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110363
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

to win that game we must:
- Score early. We won't win in a comeback, their run game is too dominant

- Tackle in space. DBs and LBs need to take better angles

- Make our presence felt, as fans. There was hardly any homefield advantage against aTm after the 1st quarter.

- Win the turnover battle. Realistically they are going score often, so should we, our best chance to win is to give our offense more opportunities
Old 08-31-2014, 01:51 PM   #16
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

We have a chance. I don't believe we are nearly as bad as we showed on Thursday. We definitely have some issues but I trust in our coaches to be able to correct some of them. With all that said the prospect of stopping Gurley and Chubb is not a fun one but I think we can come up with some scheme to at least limit their impact.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:59 PM   #17
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29792600
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Of course we have a shot against UGA.

The fans have to be loud.

Our defense probably matches up better against UGA than TAMU, as long as we scrap the 3-4.

On offense HBC can't revert to the chuck and duck, we have to eat yardage, control the ball, and control the clock. We've had games where we basically have the ball an entire quarter, that's what we need to do. Get the lead, control the clock, and try to make them beat us with the pass.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:00 PM   #18
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Why not? Even when we sucked we used to usually play Georgia close. Add to that the bye week uga has before they play us, usually a negative, but with Georgia we can always hope a couple key players get into trouble. Not to mention, the second I don't believe we can win a game is the second I stop watching football.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:08 PM   #19
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
Why not? Even when we sucked we used to usually play Georgia close. Add to that the bye week uga has before they play us, usually a negative, but with Georgia we can always hope a couple key players get into trouble. Not to mention, the second I don't believe we can win a game is the second I stop watching football.
If we don't change something and change it fast, "when we sucked" will quickly change to "we suck again"! I would hope that our team and coaches have it in them to make some changes and at least make the rest of our games competitive when it comes to teams like UGA.

CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:14 PM   #20
DJ35
Blue Chip

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

NO
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote