CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
donbgamecock
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
doubledribble
kingofnerf
ccured
Fight, win, kick a-- (1355)
Why I'm hopeful abou (989)
The Gator Bowl wants (978)
CFN prediction for a (924)
USC will upset Aubur (794)
A simple defensive l (778)
In-state QB talent (574)
This is War (399)
Texas athletic direc (363)
SEC Debate: Best can (349)
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
A simple defensive line &
In-state QB talent
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Texas athletic director:
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Why I think we beat Aubur
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Thoughts on the basketbal
Cann tipping plays?

Old 08-31-2014, 03:25 PM   #1
18IsTheMan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs
Default Don't tell me we don't have a right to be upset

It's hard not to react the way fans have when your team is considered a contender for the SECCG and the national title and when you have a supposed Heisman candidate then it all comes crashing down, in humiliating fashion on national tv. And it's not just that we got beat by a better team. They made our team look stupid. They made our coaches look stupid. On defense especially, it didn't look like they had been coached at all. Not even tackling.

We, as the fans, have a right to be upset. WE fund this whole thing. Fans buy the tickets. Fans pay for the seat licenses. Fans buy the concessions. Fans buy the team apparel. Fans donate to the Gamecock Club. Without the fans, this whole thing goes away. No fancy weight room. No practice facilities. None of it.

When WE invest our hard-earned money in the program we have every right to demand and expect a good product. The schools are the ones that have made college football a business and treat the fans like nothing but consumers.

So you're darn right we as the consumers of this product have every single doggone right to be upset when our investment goes unrewarded. Is it fine to lose. Sure, all teams do. Is it fine to look totally uncoached and unprepared? Absolutely not.
18IsTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Don't tell me we don't have a right to be upset

I suggest we take up a collection and buy tissues for all of the tears being shed this week for all.

It's happened! It's over! Time to move on and see if we are that bad or if we can improve. You may have a lot more to cry about coming up but I hope not so much.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:36 PM   #3
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
I suggest we take up a collection and buy tissues for all of the tears being shed this week for all.

It's happened! It's over! Time to move on and see if we are that bad or if we can improve. You may have a lot more to cry about coming up but I hope not so much.

And tampons.

Good glory. It's like they lost a job or a family member.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:49 PM   #4
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post

It's time to move on when we go on a six game winning streak. Then it will be time move on. This still just happened. We don't have that piddly expectations and standards here anymore. We are'n't going back to that BS. Were, going to be pissed until we are on track with those high standards once again. That is how it works.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
And tampons.

Good glory. It's like they lost a job or a family member.
Some people would like to to lose their job and some of their family members.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:54 PM   #6
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

Storm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPit

And continuing to cry about it makes so much sense.

Yes it happened. Grow a set. Man up. And move the eff on.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:08 PM   #7
GamecockDad1531
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot material

It is time to move on. It's Sunday and the game was Thursday. That said...I agree with everything he said. Spurrier has told us to not accept losing. When I'm upset about something, I always tell my wife to let me be upset, but that I'll get over it. I just need time. Some people need more time than others.
GamecockDad1531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:25 PM   #8
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 17972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18IsTheMan View Post
It's hard not to react the way fans have when your team is considered a contender for the SECCG and the national title and when you have a supposed Heisman candidate then it all comes crashing down, in humiliating fashion on national tv. And it's not just that we got beat by a better team. They made our team look stupid. They made our coaches look stupid. On defense especially, it didn't look like they had been coached at all. Not even tackling.

We, as the fans, have a right to be upset. WE fund this whole thing. Fans buy the tickets. Fans pay for the seat licenses. Fans buy the concessions. Fans buy the team apparel. Fans donate to the Gamecock Club. Without the fans, this whole thing goes away. No fancy weight room. No practice facilities. None of it.

When WE invest our hard-earned money in the program we have every right to demand and expect a good product. The schools are the ones that have made college football a business and treat the fans like nothing but consumers.

So you're darn right we as the consumers of this product have every single doggone right to be upset when our investment goes unrewarded. Is it fine to lose. Sure, all teams do. Is it fine to look totally uncoached and unprepared? Absolutely not.
183 posts and you joined this month? Dude, go outside and get some fresh air.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:28 PM   #9
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:

Well, on Cock Talk you don't have a right to be a dick. There is no freedom of speech here. This is Chuck's board and he can and does make the rules. I suggest that you read them.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:36 PM   #10
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

So basically what you're saying is that you will support the team ONLY when they are good?
Old 08-31-2014, 04:41 PM   #11
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

no one is forcing you to be a "consumer" you dont have to spend all that money
Old 08-31-2014, 04:43 PM   #12
PalmettoG27
Walk On

Male

PalmettoG27 has hatched from the shell

I agree with OP.

That was worse then a 'bad game'. A bad game was the TN game last year. Or the first part of the Mizzou game. A bad game are games we can tell that we can bounce back from. The performance on Thursday is very concerning.

If we play the same way against GA with their freak of nature running back we will lose much worse then we did the a&m game.
PalmettoG27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:45 PM   #13
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Pile on the OP! No... seriously, this kind of stuff is so annoying.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:53 PM   #14
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

In before the delete!!
Old 08-31-2014, 04:53 PM   #15
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

I hope we didn't overachieve the last 3 seasons. Can't believe we couldn't get back to the SEC CG in those 3 years.. wow.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:54 PM   #16
garnet&black1998rn
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
garnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPit

nope he's been here before. just disappeared , to reappear before FB season . Sound familiar?
Old 08-31-2014, 04:55 PM   #17
Schark
Recruit

Male

Schark is developing his combSchark is developing his combSchark is developing his combSchark is developing his combSchark is developing his combSchark is developing his combSchark is developing his combSchark is developing his combSchark is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Pile on the OP! No... seriously, this kind of stuff is so annoying.
Seriously Annoying.

For the OP
Old 08-31-2014, 04:56 PM   #18
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
183 posts and you joined this month? Dude, go outside and get some fresh air.
I was thinking the same thing. This guy has so much invested in this program and team yet he has only been interested enough to join this month? Something smells like troll here.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:07 PM   #19
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

No matter how much money you cough up to the school of your choice for college football, you're not going to get NFL quality play from the NCAA. How many thousands of college players are there? And every year, less than 1% of them are drafted into the NFL. It's called amateur athletics for a reason.

Granted, the team looked worse than amateurish on Thursday night, but you've seen it before, and you'll see it again. It happens, but it's not the end of the world.

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:20 PM   #20
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:

I second this emotion.