CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
The Yancey
SMOTFS86
kingoftheroost
GregoryHouse
Lalli25
MEL
ccured
kingofnerf
2014 Independence Bo (25335)
4 straight bowl wins (2072)
Jonathan Walton (1824)
Frustratingly Obviou (1515)
To the people who we (1206)
Thanks Dylan (906)
Jatarie White.... (828)
Pretty funny pic of (367)
Another Missing Airp (213)
Poor Late Game Call (209)
Never too early: 2015 SEC
To the people who went to
The Vent and Coaching cha
Mike Davis to enter the N
Frustratingly Obvious Aud
Bowl Tickets On Sale Now
Pharoh Cooper!!!
Poor Late Game Call by Mi
How was everyone's Christ
Jonathan Walton

Old 10-19-2014, 08:20 PM   #1
TheShelbySensation
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
TheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudly
Default If the Head Ball Coach reads these boards...

I want him to know I hope he sticks around for a good while longer.

Finally saw "The Believer" on the SEC network and I'll be damned if I'm not fired back up having Spurrier here at Carolina.

Love your attitude and desire to win, Coach! Rough times come but the don't last forever.

Here's a health, Head Ball Coach...

TheShelbySensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #2
4Runner
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 225
4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb
Default Re: If the Head Ball Coach reads these boards...

Agreed. We will do no better.
4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:27 PM   #3
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Runner View Post
Agreed. We will do no better.
You can't know what the future holds. Maybe we hire Connor Shaw and he becomes the greatest coach of all time. Some guys that are young now will be come great coaches just like SOS did 30 years ago now.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:28 PM   #4
TheShelbySensation
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
TheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
You can't know what the future holds. Maybe we hire Connor Shaw and he becomes the greatest coach of all time. Some guys that are young now will be come great coaches just like SOS did 30 years ago now.
I think he meant we can do no better presently. Geez.
TheShelbySensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:42 PM   #5
Blackland
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

I hope he is coaching 'em up 24/7 and has no time for this BS.

But if you are reading this; run the damn ball, forget the pass. Always go for the FG, it's our best shot to score and it prevents the shutout. Never go for it on 4th down unless we are on the goal line (wait, see FG comment). Never trust our defense to win the game, run the ball and keep them off the field. I used to say throw to the TE, I don't say this now.

You can play more golf if you retire now!
Blackland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:41 PM   #6
zcoop
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000404
zcoop has feathers coming inzcoop has feathers coming inzcoop has feathers coming in

Spurrier isn't going anywhere.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:55 PM   #7
roosterdude21
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1999829275
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

I still haven't been able to catch this damn movie. It really must be awesome

And yes coach Spurrier, please stay forever and never visit this board again.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:18 PM   #8
TAFC 5 1981
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

......he may get entertained at times. I too think SC is his last coaching gig.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:49 AM   #9
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Connor would be a good coach one day. His dad was a coach and he knows what it takes....but that's a thread for about ten or more years from now probably lol.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:55 AM   #10
4Runner
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 225
4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShelbySensation View Post
This and I still think we have a great coach and in the entire scheme of things, we can't really get much better. You Saban is that much better than Bryant? Different time and things change but come on. Our coaching is solid.
4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:03 AM   #11
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
If the Head Ball Coach reads these boards...
This happens often enough that I really don't know if people do this as an aside, or if people really believe Spurrier would come to Cockytalk to find out what the fans think of him.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #12
ChickenButt
4-Star

Male

ChickenButt is developing his combChickenButt is developing his combChickenButt is developing his combChickenButt is developing his combChickenButt is developing his combChickenButt is developing his combChickenButt is developing his combChickenButt is developing his combChickenButt is developing his comb

Dear God I hope Spurrier has better things to do with his time than read this message board!!!
ChickenButt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:29 PM   #13
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShelbySensation View Post
There could be someone out there right now better than Spurrier that just needs a chance as a head coach. You never know.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:32 PM   #14
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenButt View Post
Dear God I hope Spurrier has better things to do with his time than read this message board!!!
If he is not chewing out his coaches or watching practice he is probably working out or playing golf with the rest of his time.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:35 PM   #15
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

If he reads these boards then I play quarterback in the NFL.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:43 PM   #16
A. Pilgrim
Two Deep

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

1) he doesnt read message boards
2) this is almost as awkward as when someone calls into his call-in show just to express their gratitude for what he's done here. (P.S.- I like the sentiment, but it always ends up being cringe-worthy for a call-in show)
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:22 PM   #17
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

He doesn't...he has someone put the newspaper on his desk in his office
Old 10-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #18
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
He doesn't...he has someone put the newspaper on his desk in his office
I had a buddy who had a job doing that for Holtz, lol
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #19
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
I had a buddy who had a job doing that for Holtz, lol
hahaha nice.

the tradition lives
Old 10-20-2014, 05:47 PM   #20
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000995751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
1) he doesnt read message boards
2) this is almost as awkward as when someone calls into his call-in show just to express their gratitude for what he's done here. (P.S.- I like the sentiment, but it always ends up being cringe-worthy for a call-in show)
"Hey Todd, Hey Coach, how ya doing?"
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote