CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
l^l^lBGCock
Badazcock
gamecockgal
WeStillOwnUSC
roosterdude21
Order 66
Regalcock
ccured
snruter amabon
CoverTwo
Can it get any bette (1591)
Boo This Man... (1107)
georgia rewind... (815)
Gameday in Columbia (725)
**USC vs. Vanderbilt (653)
Stadium improvement (591)
Doniyah Cliney to si (573)
Where to Watch the G (308)
Why we'll dominate C (262)
Mizzou game late par (212)
Lammons out
Winston
UGA is running over Troy
Full Men's 2014-15 Schedu
Gameday in Columbia
**USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME
Well, as it turns out, we
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
Defense Tackles
2016 - Collin Hill

Old 05-30-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule
Default AMC brings 'Walking Dead' to life

Set to air this October as part of AMC's FearFest. Filming begins in Atlanta this Wednesday.
Some big names on the production end. Hopefully this will be as well written and made as Breaking Bad and Mad Men.

Quote:
AMC Upcoming Original Series:
The Walking Dead
AMC has greenlit The Walking Dead as a six-episode series based on the comic book written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. The Walking Dead tells the story of life following a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, traveling in search of a safe and secure home. Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually, Teachers, Strike Back) will portray the lead role of Rick Grimes while actor Jon Bernthal (The Pacific, The Ghost Writer) will portray the character Shane, who worked with Rick in the police department before the zombie disaster. Other cast includes Laurie Holden (The Shield), who plays Andrea, one of two sisters who join the survivors of the zombie plague, Steven Yeun as Glenn, an expert scavenger and Sarah Wayne Callies (Prison Break), who plays Rick's wife Lori.

About the Producers
Robert Kirkman serves as an executive producer on the project and three-time Academy Award-nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) serves as writer, director and executive producer. Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon, The Incredible Hulk), chairman of Valhalla Motion Pictures, serves as Executive Producer. David Alpert from Circle of Confusion serves as Executive Producer. Charles “Chic” Eglee (Dexter, The Shield, Dark Angel) will also serve as Executive Producer, and Jack LoGiudice (Sons of Anarchy, Resurrection Blvd) will serve as Co-Executive Producer.
"AMC strives to make original shows that play like movies and The Walking Dead is a perfect complement to the network’s celebrated movie franchise, Fearfest, which has always been an important destination for our audience," said Charlie Collier, AMC President. "With its depth of story and the remarkable talent attached, The Walking Dead gives us an opportunity to raise the bar significantly within this popular genre, and continue our commitment to being the home of premium programming on basic cable."
Full story: http://www.amctv.com/originals/the-walking-dead/

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: AMC brings 'Walking Dead' to life

Oh man I thought this was about the 1st Battalion 9th Marines. I guess the comic book will be pretty adaptation will be pretty cool as well.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
kirkblitz
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2861576
kirkblitz is USC mascot materialkirkblitz is USC mascot materialkirkblitz is USC mascot materialkirkblitz is USC mascot materialkirkblitz is USC mascot materialkirkblitz is USC mascot materialkirkblitz is USC mascot materialkirkblitz is USC mascot materialkirkblitz is USC mascot materialkirkblitz is USC mascot materialkirkblitz is USC mascot material

yeah ive been reading the comic since issue 1, its great

Alumni
kirkblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
Oh man I thought this was about the 1st Battalion 9th Marines. I guess the comic book will be pretty adaptation will be pretty cool as well.
first thing i thought about, too

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:46 PM   #5
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

I am a bit of a 'Zombie Apocolypse' nut. Love a good ZA story so this is something I will really be interested in seeing. If anyone out there wants to read two really good books related to this genre I recommend 'World War Z' by Max Brooks and 'Day by Day Armegedon' by J. L. Bourne...DBDA was written by an active duty naval officer in journal form and is a terrific 'survivalist' story. WWZ is done in an interview after the fact style that had more to do with the geo-political and governmental/military responses to the 'outbreak'....an oral account of the war. Both were riviting reads.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:34 PM   #6
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

First episode tonight at 10:00 - 11:30. If you're setting your DVD this is a 90 minute episode.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:49 PM   #7
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 300000000
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

really looking forward to this
Old 10-31-2010, 09:59 PM   #8
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

on now...
Old 10-31-2010, 10:00 PM   #9
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 5445
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

Ok I am going to give this a shot. Thanks for the heads up on this show. Had no idea.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:04 PM   #10
GH
Moonocababa

Male

GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

wow...breaking up that car like that could not have been cheap...
Old 10-31-2010, 10:11 PM   #11
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
wow...breaking up that car like that could not have been cheap...
Was not a real judge. They probably just did it up for the show to look like one.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:28 PM   #12
GH
Moonocababa

Male

Can they say "Zombie" in this series....will they be called "Walkers"......
Old 10-31-2010, 10:31 PM   #13
khosk
Administrator

Male

CockyCash: 109993
khosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot material

Pretty intense and scary so far. Production quality is extremely high.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:44 PM   #14
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

This is getting pretty predictable so far. Let me guess what is going to happen. The dude with the kid he met is going to have to shoot his wife in the end because she is a zombie. The deputy will go and kill that half body zombie before he leaves just to put it out. The deputy is going to head to Atlanta while his wife and kid are somewhere safe with his partner who has been screwing his wife the entire time. The deputy is going to go into Atlanta thinking it is going to be safe and there will be a million zombies there coming after him and it will leave you with a cliff hanger as to if he will be safe or not.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:51 PM   #15
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 300000000
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

really good production
Old 10-31-2010, 10:52 PM   #16
GH
Moonocababa

Male

...but the thing I notice about this series is the production is pretty good
Old 10-31-2010, 10:53 PM   #17
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

this wont last like mad men or breaking bad will....

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:55 PM   #18
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
Can they say "Zombie" in this series....will they be called "Walkers"......
Seems almost any zombie movie ever made, they'd never heard of zombies before, and they know nothing about how to kill them at first. I think they all live in an alternate universe where they've never had zombie movies before.

I'm liking this show though, good first episode so far and great effects and make up.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:57 PM   #19
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeCock View Post
Seems almost any zombie movie ever made, they'd never heard of zombies before, and they know nothing about how to kill them at first. I think they all live in an alternate universe where they've never had zombie movies before.

I'm liking this show though, good first episode so far and great effects and make up.
feels like a movie to me which will keep my intrest

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:58 PM   #20
GH
Moonocababa

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
this wont last like mad men or breaking bad will....

Is this supposed to be a serial or just a 6 episode program?