CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
B-G
Big Spur
SMOTFS86
Spurticus
Sandstorm29
The Yancey
kingofnerf
rabid cock
**USC vs. Coker GAME (3418)
2014 Subway Classic: (1665)
aTm demolishes Kyle (771)
Cocky at the Duck Co (751)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (663)
Really, REALLY glad (622)
Deer Hunting 2014 (396)
Connor to be backup? (369)
movers, furniture do (329)
Happy Winter Solstic (300)
The Vent and Coaching cha
So, why is next year goin
Greatest Gamecock Players
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
Connor to be backup?
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
QB Next Season?

Old 09-01-2014, 08:34 AM   #1
InMyCockyZone
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
InMyCockyZone has hatched from the shell
Default Finally Cooled Off

I personally wanted to wait until most of the college games were over before I made my comments about the team. After watching most of the other games I still believe we can compete with everyone on the schedule. In my opinion it will not only take some coaching adjustments but players stepping up and holding there teammates responsible for bad play and not being prepared to play! Now on the other hand if this team does not get there act together in a hurry we could very fall back to the bottom of the SEC!
InMyCockyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:11 PM   #2
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Finally Cooled Off

Four days to cool off? Man, you need help.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:12 AM   #3
SCMunnerlyn1
Former Florence Resident

Male

CockyCash: 875
SCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
If he needs it I certainly do. Im not even relatively close to being done being pissed. I waited 9 months and gave up overtime pay to watch that bs.

The past is history,tomorrow is a mystery,but today is a gift.. that is why we call it the present
SCMunnerlyn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:20 AM   #4
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMyCockyZone View Post
I personally wanted to wait until most of the college games were over before I made my comments about the team. After watching most of the other games I still believe we can compete with everyone on the schedule. In my opinion it will not only take some coaching adjustments but players stepping up and holding there teammates responsible for bad play and not being prepared to play! Now on the other hand if this team does not get there act together in a hurry we could very fall back to the bottom of the SEC!
To be fair it is just Week 1 we watched this weekend and everyone should get better especially us but that conference loss hurts.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:21 AM   #5
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
I am still not over it and won't be until we have settled the score with atm and stop having disasters like this.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:05 PM   #6
kingofnerf
Blue Chip

Male

kingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervous

I had to vent about the defense not being prepared and listen to what everyone else had to say.

Luckily we have a Hall of Fame head coach and an experienced coaching staff to get us pointed back in the right direction again.

They just have to divide and conquer to get the problems fixed like they have done before.

There are several new sports cable channels that launched this season and that had to drive some of the Week 1 scheduling for other high-ranked teams such as ours.

Knowing that A&M is intended to be our SEC rival, we essentially did the equivalent of moving the Clemson game to Week 1. Other high-ranked schools didn't get blown out like us and Vandy, but they had close calls they weren't expecting this early in the season. All for the sake of launching new cable channels, some might say.

You have to think the head coaches affected by the scheduling stuff will vent to the league and the networks when the time is right. I would think the scheduling conversations for next year will be pretty interesting.
kingofnerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #7
chi3fcocksman
Fanatic

Male

CockyCash: 100302
chi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudly

I am still in denial.. It didn't happen.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:41 PM   #8
Gamecockman12
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecockman12 is sharpening his clawsGamecockman12 is sharpening his clawsGamecockman12 is sharpening his clawsGamecockman12 is sharpening his clawsGamecockman12 is sharpening his claws

That definitely wasn't worth taking 2 days off from work and spending hundreds of dollars. That was a total disaster.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:51 PM   #9
Bayou Rooster
Walk On

Male

Bayou Rooster has feathers coming inBayou Rooster has feathers coming in

There is no excuse for what happened with aTm. We need some new coaches next year, but we have needed them for a while. OL has under performed for a while, D needs lots of help.

Will wait and see how we get "coached up" for the next two games. We should beat ECU by at least 21 and look respectable against UGA. UGA was always a toss up as usually but, if they blow us out some thing has to change. SOS is a great coach and he should take responsibility for any major step back. Wondering about his desire to put in the time at this point. He has seen enough football to know a good team when he sees it prior to the season beginning.

He said prior to the season we looked pretty good. Either he was blowing smoke or he has lost his ability to know. At this point, we do not have one running back that compares to UGAs and our OL cannot run block and they never have. SE is a great guy and decent recruiter, but appears to be a bad coach. Same for the defensive bunch.

Anyway, waiting to see what happens next before I give up. Not that I matter. Let's see what kind of coaches and recruiters we have. The next two games will tell.

Last edited by Bayou Rooster; 09-02-2014 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Spelling
Bayou Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote