CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
johnnyb
taylorssc
l^l^lBGCock
doubledribble
NAGamecockFan
GarnetSwarm1990
ChickenButt
The Yancey
So Disappointed With (2938)
No Comments on the H (915)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (251)
Call of Duty: Advanc (243)
Gameday parking in A (184)
Vote For Cocky (132)
Things They Should H (107)
Keeping tailgate foo (80)
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Texas athletic director:
2014-15 Premier League se
No Comments on the Holes?
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Thoughts on the basketbal
BAW

Old 06-04-2014, 06:34 AM   #1
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default 2015 Jacob Evans SF (6-5, 190)

We have offered him in the last couple of days.

St. Micheal HS, Baton Rouge, LA.

Also has an offer from W. KY.
Travelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:38 PM   #2
doubledribble
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
doubledribble is sharpening his clawsdoubledribble is sharpening his clawsdoubledribble is sharpening his clawsdoubledribble is sharpening his claws
Default Re: 2015 Jacob Evans SF (6-5, 190)

We led for him prior to July, but since then he's exploded...

Set up officials with
Auburn 8/29
Tulane 9/5
Cincinnati 9/19

We will be getting a visit but the coaches are still trying to work out their board and good dates to visit.
doubledribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:21 PM   #3
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

Storm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPit

Quote:
6-5 Jacob Evans of Baton Rouge, LA made an official visit to USC over the weekend and said he had a very good time but he's not going to make a decision until the spring.

"It was really good," Evans said. "The coaching staff, coach Clark, coach Martin and coach Evans, all of them are like their players. They are close and a family. There's a lot of good people in the program."
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...807/-1/PSPORTS
Old 09-30-2014, 08:35 AM   #4
jared
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

New story on Evans

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/09/3...sion.html?rh=1
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:08 AM   #5
doubledribble
Recruit

Male

doubledribble is sharpening his clawsdoubledribble is sharpening his clawsdoubledribble is sharpening his clawsdoubledribble is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
He originally said he wanted to make a decision in the spring. From what I've read he's not a take right now for us because of Dozier
Old 10-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #6
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb

I have seen some film on Evans. He looks really good to me. I think he is going to be a fine college player. Don't know if we would take him since we are also recruiting Dozier and Mack, but Evans can play. Wish we had the scholarships to take two wings. But we don't.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:07 AM   #7
jared
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

Evans cut his list to 2. And we made it. It's down to us and Cincinnati.

6-5 guard Jacob Evans of Baton Rouge, LA Friday reduced his list to USC and Cincinnati. He also was considering Tulane, LSU and Auburn. Evans is expected to make his decision soon.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:04 AM   #8
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

how many are we trying to sign for 2015......3 or 4.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:30 AM   #9
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 726
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
how many are we trying to sign for 2015......3 or 4.
From what I've heard 3. I wonder what happened between Evans and Tulane?
Old 10-11-2014, 08:24 AM   #10
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Got to love his size as a guard. I didn't find much video on him but he looks like he has a pretty good shot.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #11
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

We might end up messing up here.. We will only take Evans if we miss on Dozier... But dozier isn't announcing before Evans.. So we might potentially miss out on two players waiting on one
Old 10-13-2014, 02:10 AM   #12
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

Five CB predictions in a row in favor of SC.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #13
doubledribble
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
We might end up messing up here.. We will only take Evans if we miss on Dozier... But dozier isn't announcing before Evans.. So we might potentially miss out on two players waiting on one
Evans could be a take. Most speculated he isn't bc of Dozier, but bumping up his announcement may force us to take his commitment. It wouldn't hurt us with Dozier in my opinion
Old 10-13-2014, 01:24 PM   #14
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
That is why they call it recruiting...We could potentially sign them both as well, I'm of the opinion that Coach Martin does not wait on anyone!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:23 AM   #15
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb

It would be hard to turn down Evans if he wants to come. I think we should take him if we can get him. The problem is a shortage in scholarships. If we get Nix, who I think we want and need, where would the scholarships come from to take both Evans and Dozier?
Old 10-14-2014, 04:49 AM   #16
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
It would be hard to turn down Evans if he wants to come. I think we should take him if we can get him. The problem is a shortage in scholarships. If we get Nix, who I think we want and need, where would the scholarships come from to take both Evans and Dozier?
That's the tricky part.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:41 AM   #17
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

Evans committed to Cincinnati. So we don't have to try to find a scholarship for him. I think he will be a very good college player. Should help the Bearcats a lot.

I don't know, but I wonder if we told Evans that we need to wait and see if we are going to get Dozier before we could take his commitment? Or, he may have just preferred the Bearcats. ??
Old 10-14-2014, 10:29 AM   #18
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot material

Evans is going to Cincy, hopefully that means we are looking good for Tevin Mack. Some of the sites have reported that our staff was having to decide between Evans and Mack ... well, it looks like that decision has been made for them. Evans is supposed to be the better player right now and has a better work ethic, but Mack reportedly has more upside. If it was legitimately a "flip of the coin" between who to take between Evans and Mack, then I'd rather go wrong with the local kid who goes to school three miles from Colonial Life Arena.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #19
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

From what I've read, Evans was the more balanced of the two (Evans vs Mack): Mack is the better offensive player and shooter/scorer - although Evans can score too - but Mack is reported to not put a lot of effort on the defensive side, while Evans is a solid to above average defender.

I hope we don't lose out on both....my understanding is Mack's deficiencies on defense is a big reason why USC staff drug their feet a bit on recruiting him. That could rise up to bite us getting him in the end, or it could be that we choose to not go after him after all.

We've been in either solid to great standing with Evans, Mack, and Dozier, and the possibility is very good we could go 0 for 3 on them when it's all siad and done....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #20
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

I don't know, but I wonder whether we told Evans that we needed to see if we get Dozier before we could take his commitment? I wonder if our coaches think we are going to get Dozier and he will be the only perimeter player we take this year? We are short on scholarships, and I think we want Ro Nix, if he will come.