CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
_Larry_
thekob
RightCoast
b381l
AmonRa777
Order 66
GregoryHouse
CCC
doubledribble
Regalcock
My 2 cents: Why USC (1337)
My eyeballs...they b (1282)
The State's Top 50 G (497)
If you are OKC's GM, (415)
This is embarrassing (299)
Drunken Confessions (280)
SEC leads in women's (246)
A question for you o (189)
If you are OKC's GM, do y
Travon Bunch
SEC Network July 9. Set y
Phil Steele is an idiot!
My 2 cents: Why USC is th
The State's Top 50 Gameco
FSU freshman QB arrested
Lady Gamecocks 2016
Write Us Off
2015 NBA Offseason

Old 10-08-2014, 04:12 PM   #1
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Dragon Age Origins free!

With DA: Inquisition being released next h EA is giving away the most excellent game that started it all. https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/f...=1412791375949

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #2
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dragon Age Origins free!

DA-I drops in a few days. Anyone else play?

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 11-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #3
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
DA-I drops in a few days. Anyone else play?
Yep i wont have mine til Tuesday. I actually kind of got it free by doing the target buy two get one free game deal. I bought Halo master chief and two assassin's creed unity games and just sold the extra copy to pay for DA.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:38 PM   #4
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

When does it come out? I'm going to get a ps4 and play it on that at some point here in the next couple months.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:06 PM   #5
Antiochus
Evil...It's the new Good

Male

CockyCash: 700
Antiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
When does it come out? I'm going to get a ps4 and play it on that at some point here in the next couple months.
Tuesday

Antiochus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 11:15 PM   #6
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

I am preloaded and ready. I like DA on PC for the mods that come out. There were some good ones for the original game that changed the sex scenes from X to XXX.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 11-16-2014, 02:34 PM   #7
FurmanCock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 290
FurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot material

I've been in since they announced a date on PS4. I will be interested in seeing how successful the imports of the previous decisions from PS3 will be.

Dragon Age Origins was the game that got me back into gaming from my Atari days. I'm super stoked about the release.
FurmanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:18 PM   #8
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

I don't think that this game imports past game decisions. Basically start new.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 11-16-2014, 05:19 PM   #9
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

Here are some tips & tricks: http://www.dragonage.com/?sf33549552...=1415995709655

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 11-17-2014, 02:08 PM   #10
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 11-18-2014, 01:27 PM   #11
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

OK, I rolled an easy S&B human warrior to get my feet wet and checkout the controls. The game taxes my old system just a bit. Most of the setting defaulted to High instead of Ultra and ran at 37 fps. Of course my card won't support DX12 so it defaulted to DX11. While I can tell that I am missing a few things here and there the game is still stunning.

Standard WASD movement controls but has native gamepad support. I do have a problem with the cursor. I keep losing it. I wish that it were larger or brighter or a different color. I'll experiment to see if there are any options for that. Combat was a mix of mouse and hot keys.

The game itself is a mix of the approaches of both DA Origins and DA 2. Fortunately it combines the best of both instead of the worse. Basically combat/movement from O with the radial menu from 2.

Ah, really nice to see some of the characters from games past. I always had a thing for Leiliana. She is here but doesn't look or act quite the same. Varric is here and is a perfect replica from 2. This is all just from the playable intro. More will become available later.

To loot or complete many other right click actions the cursor must be centered on a very small area. Too small for my old eyes but I am managing. This isn't a Diablo style barrel buster though and loot containers are not so frequent.

My impression from the intro is very positive. I will take a little time to read the manual and experiment some more with this toon. Looking forward to playing some more this evening!

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 11-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #12
rioninusc
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000556
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
OK, I rolled an easy S&B human warrior to get my feet wet and checkout the controls. The game taxes my old system just a bit. Most of the setting defaulted to High instead of Ultra and ran at 37 fps. Of course my card won't support DX12 so it defaulted to DX11. While I can tell that I am missing a few things here and there the game is still stunning.

Standard WASD movement controls but has native gamepad support. I do have a problem with the cursor. I keep losing it. I wish that it were larger or brighter or a different color. I'll experiment to see if there are any options for that. Combat was a mix of mouse and hot keys.

The game itself is a mix of the approaches of both DA Origins and DA 2. Fortunately it combines the best of both instead of the worse. Basically combat/movement from O with the radial menu from 2.

Ah, really nice to see some of the characters from games past. I always had a thing for Leiliana. She is here but doesn't look or act quite the same. Varric is here and is a perfect replica from 2. This is all just from the playable intro. More will become available later.

To loot or complete many other right click actions the cursor must be centered on a very small area. Too small for my old eyes but I am managing. This isn't a Diablo style barrel buster though and loot containers are not so frequent.

My impression from the intro is very positive. I will take a little time to read the manual and experiment some more with this toon. Looking forward to playing some more this evening!
Agg what cards do you have? I have SLI GTX 560's
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:19 PM   #13
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

I have a single EVGA GeForce 660 TI.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 11-18-2014, 09:55 PM   #14
Antiochus
Evil...It's the new Good

Male

Antiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot material

Quote:
I don't think that this game imports past game decisions. Basically start new.
You have to use dragon age keep if you want to set up your world state to reflect your past decisions.

Old 11-19-2014, 12:23 PM   #15
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus View Post
You have to use dragon age keep if you want to set up your world state to reflect your past decisions.
That was a PITA. It had much of my decisions wrong. Add in that I had played every race and profession and chose different paths really made it a mish mash. I do have it all edited now. Thanks for the heads up!

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 11-21-2014, 01:38 PM   #16
Antiochus
Evil...It's the new Good

Male

Playing on PS4. This has been really good so far. They have designed a really nice looking world that wets my appetite for what they can do when the series becomes a next gen only game with no constraints from the 360/ps3 versions.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:48 AM   #17
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus View Post
Playing on PS4. This has been really good so far. They have designed a really nice looking world that wets my appetite for what they can do when the series becomes a next gen only game with no constraints from the 360/ps3 versions.
Try it on PC using ultra settings. It is amazing how far graphics have come. I remember when Half-Life came out with "cutting edge" graphics with their facial system. Now compare that to this and it is funny. The faces on this game is amazing (except for the beards but).

Now the game itself is also excellent. The amount of exploration is awesome. I am really enjoying it.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:50 PM   #18
Antiochus
Evil...It's the new Good

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
Try it on PC using ultra settings. It is amazing how far graphics have come. I remember when Half-Life came out with "cutting edge" graphics with their facial system. Now compare that to this and it is funny. The faces on this game is amazing (except for the beards but).

Now the game itself is also excellent. The amount of exploration is awesome. I am really enjoying it.
I have enjoyed the world building so far. As opposed to skyrim, the actions you take in the story reflect in the environment. Will see how that continues as I am still relatively early in the game considering how many hours I have put into it.

They really have created some beautiful areas in this game. some of these areas with multiple waterfalls, ponds and streams have me actually wishing I could visit. Really nice water in this game; and in an age where water is generally done well, that is saying something.

Old 12-25-2014, 02:25 PM   #19
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 01-12-2015, 09:52 AM   #20
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

Garnered People's Choice and GOTY awards.

I miss Old Cocky Talk