CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
smoovecock
GregoryHouse
markymark550
rosstheboss
Transmaniacon
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
robgusc76
2014 Charleston Clas (3022)
The Defense (1916)
**USC Women vs. San (1895)
Spurrier on Pharoah: (1541)
Women's soccer Sweet (1534)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (1091)
USC/clemson spread (801)
In case no one saw.. (742)
injury report? (670)
Your favorite Greate (457)
Dylan Thompson surpasses
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
Texans getting frustrated
The Defense
Question about after the
**USC Women vs. San Diego
2014 Charleston Classic:
Tiger Burn
A little late to the conv
What Are Your Win/Loss Ex

Old 10-29-2014, 02:40 PM   #1
Gamecockswag
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecockswag is learning to peckGamecockswag is learning to peck
Default Gamecockology Helms

Here are the too Gamecockology (Ted Hyman) concept helmets. Which one's your favorite?

Hope you enjoy. Sorry so long. Thanks Ted!
Old 10-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #2
Gamecockswag
Recruit

Male

Default Re: Gamecockology Helms

I personally this one would be pretty snazzy for the blackout
Old 10-29-2014, 02:48 PM   #3
kingofnerf
Blue Chip

Male

kingofnerf has earned his spurskingofnerf has earned his spurskingofnerf has earned his spurskingofnerf has earned his spurskingofnerf has earned his spurskingofnerf has earned his spurs

This one, but with a black facemask.

Old 10-29-2014, 02:49 PM   #4
ChickenButt
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
ChickenButt has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockswag View Post
Would have to be this one. The block-C with the Gamecock inside is a non-negotiable requirement for me.
ChickenButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:51 PM   #5
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

The second one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2014, 03:07 PM   #6
Gamecock303
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

the last one is the only one that is remotely acceptable...and even with it the camo would need to go
Gamecock303 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:23 PM   #7
Cocky_Maniac
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
IMO, this would look cool with the black uniforms.

This is one from another thread that I think would look the best.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:21 PM   #8
Superadiabatic
Blue Chip

Male

Superadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his comb

I personally like this one.

I don't like the chromed-out shiny ones. I can see how the sun would catch it just right and blind our QB. Of course, it might blind the opposing cornerback, too. But I don't want to tempt fate.

Last edited by Superadiabatic; 10-29-2014 at 09:21 PM. Reason: oops
Superadiabatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:22 PM   #9
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

That Ted guy is weird.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:08 PM   #10
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Ill probably get flamed for this and thats fine, but coming from someone who does a lot of graphic and design work, South Carolina really needs to consider rebranding this logo to come up with something New/Better. That Block C and Gamecock is really difficult to work with.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:13 PM   #11
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

I think the tail feathers one is the best.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:27 AM   #12
Talon1
4-Star

Male

Talon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervous

What software did you use to create those? I would like to play with a few ideas...
Talon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 12:39 AM   #13
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

OP said Helms like we are playing World of Warcraft.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:11 AM   #14
Gamecockswag
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon1 View Post
What software did you use to create those? I would like to play with a few ideas...

I'm pretty sure he uses adobe cloud programs.... Not sure which ones specifically but if you would like to ask him he's on Instagram @gamecockology all the players love his artwork of them you could direct message him and ask him if you would like. Hope this remotely helps
Old 10-30-2014, 08:15 AM   #15
Garnet Spur
Recruit

Male

Garnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervous

I like this but I think the Black face mask would be even better
Old 10-30-2014, 08:21 AM   #16
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 7003000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Ill probably get flamed for this and thats fine, but coming from someone who does a lot of graphic and design work, South Carolina really needs to consider rebranding this logo to come up with something New/Better. That Block C and Gamecock is really difficult to work with.
I'm not speaking from any point of view remotely similar to yours, but I agree the helmet logo needs to be changed. Unfortunately, points of view like the quote below are all too common among the fanbase.

I've said this several times, and it is often glanced over or scoffed at, but I think it would look awesome to use a kickass version of the claw and spur logo on the helmets but keep the current logo for the 50 yardline and for media graphics. It would be very similar to the way FSU uses the spear and feathers for their helmets but the Indian head for the other things. For what it's worth, the claw kind of naturally forms a "C" so the idea of having some sort of "C" as part of the logo could be retained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenButt View Post
The block-C with the Gamecock inside is a non-negotiable requirement for me.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:50 AM   #17
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

If they weren't on a helmet, I would go with the 2 claw/spur logos. Not sure that I like those on a helmet though. For a helmet, probably the tailfeather one.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:51 AM   #18
southerntramp
Banned

Male

southerntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudly

Like several of those!
southerntramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:34 AM   #19
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky_Maniac View Post
This is one from another thread that I think would look the best.
That is the one...
Old 10-30-2014, 09:37 AM   #20
A. Pilgrim
Two Deep

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
I love the block C and Gamecock logo, but you're exactly right.
Its about branding and graphic design, and we need to simplify it in order for it to be more easily recognizable and iconic.

Studies and rankings have been done that show the most simplistic logos are the most popular and easy to brand.
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote