CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
kingoftheroost
Badazcock
thekob
cockfight21
ChickenButt
Ericvol2096
gamecockgal
gadeneer1986
Cockypantherfan
10-2 (2308)
Build a New Stadium (1466)
Four UK Players Susp (1462)
Connor Shaw's fault. (848)
Cleaned up version: (773)
Nosovitch (689)
This program has no (583)
Defer Or Not? (505)
400 pasing yards (448)
Remaining schedules (447)
Cleaned up version: SEC E
Maty Mauk tries to take o
What fish do you eat
Thoughts on Shawn Elliott
400 pasing yards
KY Suspends 4 Players for
Zone Read Analysis w/ 201
Who to root for this week
Darien Roseboro
Request

Old 09-06-2014, 11:24 PM   #1
RebelGamecockfan09
Runnin round

Male

CockyCash: 1225
RebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his comb
Default We are a run first team and we need to stick to it

I don't know if we're good enough to win the sec east or beat Georgia. However we wouldn't have lost as badly against Texas and I firmly believe we can win a lot of ball games if we stick to the style offense we ran at the end of the ECU game. Granted ECU isn't exactly a powerful defense but it's our strength and we need to stick to it. Thompson looks much more comfortable with the rb's running consistently. Our o-line seems to excel at run block. It also helps control the clock and give our young defense rest. Not to mention it also allows opportunity for our freaking stacked te's to do some work. Why on earth they haven't been utilized is beyond me.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:28 PM   #2
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material
Default Re: We are a run first team and we need to stick to it

We're not going to get this type of mismatch (OL vs DL) week-to-week in the SEC. I agree about the TE's, but that's just how SOS's offense works.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:31 PM   #3
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

True. That last drive was phenomenal. And we chewed that clock up big time. Got us 3 points. Against ECU. I assure you, UGA's defense will be better than what we played against tonight.

To be honest, I don't know what the answer is. Our offense is mediocre. Not Bad. But not great either. It's our Defense we need to worry about. Without being able to stop anyone, I don think our Offense is as good as say, ATM where they just out score the hell out of you. We settled for what? 4 FG's tonight. That dog ain't gonna hunt in the SEC. It barely hunted at home against ECU. And though ECU isn't a scrub team, they are not the SEC caliber of team we will soon be facing.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:43 PM   #4
RebelGamecockfan09
Runnin round

Male

CockyCash: 1225
RebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSpur7 View Post
We're not going to get this type of mismatch (OL vs DL) week-to-week in the SEC. I agree about the TE's, but that's just how SOS's offense works.
Oh trust me I know. I certainly don't know if we're even good enough to beat Georgia. I'm just saying that to even have a shot we have to stick to our guns, which is to slow down and pound the football. It's too bad about the te's, they've dragged people when they get the chance.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:46 PM   #5
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 540
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

I'm glad we got this win. Not excited at all for next week though
roosterdude21 is online now   Reply With Quote