CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Support > Hall of Fame

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
b381l
sporkgod50
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
ccured
Thenardier
robgusc76
Gyle41386
ucan'tlickourcocks
Mangus now coaching (1916)
Can Tennessee get to (1300)
ESPN Article on HBC (1074)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (863)
Spread vs. aTm (808)
2 Crazy things (805)
Lindy's top 100 for (763)
Chick Redefines the (742)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (637)
The Bama series (523)
Name a Gamecock
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Get it while it's hot
2 Crazy things
Playstation 4
Dylan Moses: The first fr
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Alabama @ South Carolina

View Poll Results: Who are the FOUR best DBs in Gamecock history?
Sheldon Brown 264 74.79%
Bobby Bryant 50 14.16%
Terry Cousins 57 16.15%
Bill Currier 6 1.70%
Brad Edwards 179 50.71%
Deandre Eiland 24 6.80%
Arturo Freeman 110 31.16%
Bryant Gilliard 12 3.40%
Andre Goodman 50 14.16%
Dick Harris 50 14.16%
Alex Hawkins 27 7.65%
Dunta Robinson 179 50.71%
Rick Sanford 53 15.01%
Ko Simpson 216 61.19%
Ben Washington 12 3.40%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 353. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 11:49 AM   #1
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins
Default All-Time Gamecock Team - DB (Poll)

Now that the off-season is here, let's continue our endeavor to name the CockyTalk All-Time Gamecock Football Team. We had previously voted for QB, WR, RB, TE and LB. Those votes are still open and you can reach them by clicking the links at the bottom of this thread.

Now, we are going to vote on the greatest DBs for the All-Time Gamecock Team. This time you are going to vote for your top FOUR DBs. The top FOUR will make the team.

If you feel I left someone out, please post that person's name in this thread.

To vote in the other polls, please click here:

All-Time QB Poll
All-Time WR Poll
All-Time RB Poll
All-Time TE Poll
All-Time LB Poll
All-Time DB Poll

Invading stores now!!

Last edited by CockyHoskins; 01-07-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:17 PM   #2
morgan n' 7
somewhat unoriginal

Male

Signature: Award given for the best signature - Given for: having the best signature of 2005 
CockyCash: 400
morgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot material
Default Re: All-Time Gamecock Team - DB (Poll)

I chose,

Brad Edwards
Bobby Bryant
Bryant Gilliard
Dick Harris

Note:I probably would have put Ko Simpson in if he'd stayed. I just don't think two years is enough to judge someone on.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #3
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins

Edwards and Harris are definitely there for me. I am still thinking about the other two.

Invading stores now!!

Old 02-27-2006, 05:13 PM   #4
superstar90
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
superstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his comb

I went w/ Brad, KO, Dunta, Sheldon. I don't personally remember watching some of the older guys, so I couldn't really pick them.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:56 AM   #5
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudly

No, Bru Pender. J/K
Old 02-28-2006, 11:00 AM   #6
bgallup
Blue Chip

Male

2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 2nd place 
CockyCash: 6230
bgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPit
Send a message via Yahoo to bgallup

I picked Brown, Edwards, Simpson, and Freeman! Those four guys would start for any team at any time!
Old 02-28-2006, 11:06 AM   #7
superstar90
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
superstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his comb

Freeman and his damn comment after one of our clemson losses. "I guess I should have played the ball!" Damn it you are a DB! That's your job. To play the ball.

btw,
I still think he is a great player. Plus he went on to play for my dolphins for a few years, but I couldn't vote for him because of that statement.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:14 AM   #8
Section5Gamecock
Walk On

CockyCash: 500
Section5Gamecock has feathers coming inSection5Gamecock has feathers coming inSection5Gamecock has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCox
No, Bru Pender. J/K
he is now a punter in the AFL
Old 02-28-2006, 01:17 PM   #9
Stonecoldcock
Starter

CockyCash: 20001160
Stonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot material

Two guys who I think deserve to have their names mentioned on the list are: Tony Watkins and Rashad Faison. I wouldn't put either in my top 4, but I think they deserve to be on the poll.

I voted for Brad Edwards, Ko Simpson, Dunta Robinson, and Sheldon Brown
Old 02-28-2006, 04:23 PM   #10
gamecox74
Walk On

Male

gamecox74 is learning to peckgamecox74 is learning to peck

I'll give my age away now, but Alex Hawkins and Bobby Bryant are two of the best to EVER play here. Bryant could close unlike any other. Alex Hawkins was just...Alex Hawkins.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:28 PM   #11
Cocktane-Man
Walk On

Male

Cocktane-Man has feathers coming inCocktane-Man has feathers coming in

I went with Harris and Edwards as the two best. Then I picked Dunta and Goodman.

Ko could have been, but two years is not enough to put him here IMO.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:41 PM   #12
spitcup
Walk On

spitcup has feathers coming inspitcup has feathers coming in

Had to add Tony Watkins on my list.... he was a tacking MACHINE!

Old 05-09-2006, 05:57 PM   #13
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecoldcock
Two guys who I think deserve to have their names mentioned on the list are: Tony Watkins and Rashad Faison. I wouldn't put either in my top 4, but I think they deserve to be on the poll.

I voted for Brad Edwards, Ko Simpson, Dunta Robinson, and Sheldon Brown
I wanted Faison in my top 4. The only reason he didn't get drafted was due to his size not because of his performance.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:07 PM   #14
cht4usc
Walk On

CockyCash: 200
cht4usc is learning to peckcht4usc is learning to peck

Sheldon Brown
Bad Brad Edwards
Dickie Harris
Rick Sanford
Spurrier said McGee "originally offered too much," although neither would disclose the amount. McGee said the difference was in six figures, adding Spurrier asked that it go toward his assistant's salaries.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:36 PM   #15
simplesimon
Recruit

Male

simplesimon is learning to pecksimplesimon is learning to peck

I voted for Dunta, Ko, Eiland, and Brown. Yeah, I hated to see Tony Watkins and Rashad Faison weren't on the list. I would have picked them both. I'm only 25 so I don't know much about some of those guys. I do know Rick Sanford is from my home town of Rock Hill. My dad says he was overated.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:40 PM   #16
irmojackets24
Recruit

Male

irmojackets24 is learning to peckirmojackets24 is learning to peck

i voted brown, freeman, robinson, and simpson...im young too and dont know much about the other guys and im sure they were great..but these are the best that ive seen in my lifetime so far
Old 06-04-2006, 06:29 PM   #17
spartcock77
4-Star

Male

spartcock77 is making other chickens nervousspartcock77 is making other chickens nervousspartcock77 is making other chickens nervousspartcock77 is making other chickens nervousspartcock77 is making other chickens nervousspartcock77 is making other chickens nervousspartcock77 is making other chickens nervous

I voted Brown, Harris, Edwards, and Simpson... I woulkd take these four to start in the secondary anyday.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:51 PM   #18
maxx71
Household Name

Male

maxx71 is USC mascot materialmaxx71 is USC mascot materialmaxx71 is USC mascot materialmaxx71 is USC mascot materialmaxx71 is USC mascot materialmaxx71 is USC mascot materialmaxx71 is USC mascot materialmaxx71 is USC mascot materialmaxx71 is USC mascot materialmaxx71 is USC mascot materialmaxx71 is USC mascot material

What? No Tyler Hellams? I may be older but a 4th quarter punt return for a 7-6 victory over Clemson is certainly worthy.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:22 PM   #19
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

I agree about Tony Watkins. The best tackler out of all the guys that made the poll. He was tough as nails. Some of you older guys will remember him playing with a cast on his hand after breaking his thumb. It was kind of criminal the way he used that cast! Another DB, not that I think he's the greatest of the DB's to play at Carolina, but I'd have to give Frank Adams an honorable mention also. Good return guy (witnessed a kickoff return for a TD, La Tech?) played above his abilities with a lot of heart against awesome SEC competition.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:30 PM   #20
thespurr
4-Star

Male

thespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his combthespurr is developing his comb

How can Terry Cousin even be listed as an option on this poll. He had a decent NFL career, but I'm sure most Gamecocks like me are still wondering how the hell he wound up in the NFL.
Closed Thread