CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
5lbYardcock
b381l
StormOfTalons
18IsTheMan
bigdog2003
GSC2013
evan_aggie
conwaycock2
The Yancey
Do we have any shot (2585)
Carolina opens -15.5 (1884)
What changes can and (1432)
(50 minute Replay) U (1353)
Shaw: Check Out This (1296)
Don't tell me we don (1222)
Gamecocks claimed an (1128)
Gamecock football Lo (1065)
SOS Teleconference (970)
Tanner McEvoy should (941)
Pirate Depth Chart
Carolina opens -15.5
Finally Cooled Off
Do we have any shot again
Gamecock football Long Te
SOS Teleconference
Tanner McEvoy should've s
who thinks we need a whol
Connor Shaw Browns
Mike Davis "doubtful

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 01:10 PM   #1181
TStone
Grammar Nazi

Male

Pumpkin Contest: Winner of the Pumpkin Carving Contest - Given for: Pumpkin Contest 
CockyCash: 4535
TStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot material
Default Re: Defensive Coordinator Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkingcock
I don't like the BVG hire. There's a reason he's not at UGay. The guy was an A-hole and he was loaded with talent. I know ya'll will say we have talent, but sorry we have talent every year and still suck. I quess my point is that we don't have talent, we have potential talent. We need coaches that develop talent and coordinators that game plan.
Ditka was an asshole too. Would you say he had good defenses because talent was given to him?
Old 12-19-2007, 01:10 PM   #1182
happygilmore527
Blogger Extraordinaire

Male

CockyCash: 200
happygilmore527 is USC mascot materialhappygilmore527 is USC mascot materialhappygilmore527 is USC mascot materialhappygilmore527 is USC mascot materialhappygilmore527 is USC mascot materialhappygilmore527 is USC mascot materialhappygilmore527 is USC mascot materialhappygilmore527 is USC mascot materialhappygilmore527 is USC mascot materialhappygilmore527 is USC mascot materialhappygilmore527 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to happygilmore527

If it's BVG, then I'm happy. I think the guy did well at Georgia and I imagine he could hopefully do the same here. Spurrier's no spring chicken...if he feels this is the guy to get the best results now, then by all means I support it. He can't be here forever waiting on the defense to come around.

http://www.lifeofagamecock.com
Twitter: Lifeofagamecock
Facebook: Life of a Gamecock
Old 12-19-2007, 01:10 PM   #1183
drinkingcock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
drinkingcock should be banned by now

once again talent and potential talent.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:13 PM   #1184
bgallup
Blue Chip

Male

2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 2nd place 
CockyCash: 6230
bgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPit
Send a message via Yahoo to bgallup

Its pretty clear to me there is a lot of interest in this job. I think Spurrier will hire a outstanding coach to takeover for Nix. Whoever he chooses I'm fine with!
Old 12-19-2007, 01:14 PM   #1185
drinkingcock
Banned

Male

drinkingcock should be banned by now

Was BVG there in 2002 when clemson hung 28pts on them?
Old 12-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #1186
Spur
Household Name

Male

Best Football Thread: Award given for starting the best football related thread - Given for: starting the best football thread of 2005 (post pics that get you excited) Non-Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best non-football related poster - Given for: being voted the best non-football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 513
Spur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkingcock
Was BVG there in 2002 when clemson hung 28pts on them?
He was also there the following year when they BLANKED Clemson

In addition, those 28 points were the most given up by UGA that year
Old 12-19-2007, 01:27 PM   #1187
CockRoche
ADIDAS

Male

CockyCash: 50600
CockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot material

I don't know anything about the guy, but saying he didn't get along with a coach at one program has nothing to do with how he'll do at the next. Spurrier supposedly doesn't meddle with the DC from what has been reported before, so it could work out fine.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:31 PM   #1188
Jubjub Bird
4-Star

Female

CockyCash: 400
Jubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his comb

It's official. VanGorder is our man. See SOS's website: www.spurrierhbc.com.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:34 PM   #1189
garnetchicken
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 550
garnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot material

thank god
Old 12-19-2007, 01:34 PM   #1190
bgallup
Blue Chip

Male

2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 2nd place 
CockyCash: 6230
bgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPitbgallup rules the CockPit
Send a message via Yahoo to bgallup

Nice!!
Old 12-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #1191
Garnet Spur
Recruit

Male

Garnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervous

I think I can live with this. Go Cocks
Old 12-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #1192
gamecock3252
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock3252 is developing his combgamecock3252 is developing his combgamecock3252 is developing his combgamecock3252 is developing his combgamecock3252 is developing his combgamecock3252 is developing his combgamecock3252 is developing his combgamecock3252 is developing his comb

GREAT!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 01:47 PM   #1193
Kendalls Daddy
Blue Chip

Male

Kendalls Daddy is developing his combKendalls Daddy is developing his combKendalls Daddy is developing his combKendalls Daddy is developing his combKendalls Daddy is developing his combKendalls Daddy is developing his combKendalls Daddy is developing his combKendalls Daddy is developing his combKendalls Daddy is developing his combKendalls Daddy is developing his comb

I was hoping for Ron Jeremy, but Van Gorder is probaly better suited for the job...I would prefer this over Ellis Johnson...Plus, he should have some recruiting contacts in the state of GA..

Go Cocks
Old 12-19-2007, 01:48 PM   #1194
spartcock77
4-Star

Male

spartcock77 is making other chickens nervousspartcock77 is making other chickens nervousspartcock77 is making other chickens nervousspartcock77 is making other chickens nervousspartcock77 is making other chickens nervousspartcock77 is making other chickens nervousspartcock77 is making other chickens nervous

I think that a key difference between Van Gorder possibly coming here and when he was a UGA is that if he comes here then he will have complete control of the defense. Spurrier will not be constantly looking over his shoulder. I hope this hire is true because he will bring an agressive defense that has proven to work to South Carolina.

R.I.P. Tom Price
Old 12-19-2007, 01:51 PM   #1195
Snake
Respect My Authoritah

Male

CockyCash: 1600
Snake is USC mascot materialSnake is USC mascot materialSnake is USC mascot materialSnake is USC mascot materialSnake is USC mascot materialSnake is USC mascot materialSnake is USC mascot materialSnake is USC mascot materialSnake is USC mascot materialSnake is USC mascot materialSnake is USC mascot material

Looks like we found our guy........closing the thread
Closed Thread