CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Gamecock Multimedia

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
johnnyb
GamecockMomSC
Cockhornleghorn
2000grad
Regalcock
ZenUSC
Captain9Dragons
We Have to Pass (1913)
Rivalry Thoughts and (1403)
Spurrier weekly pres (1329)
This would be awesom (883)
How is Shaq Davidson (717)
McConaughey cast as (438)
Perspective on our g (427)
Defense and offense (314)
Black Friday Hard Co (260)
SEC referees? (255)
We Have to Pass
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
SEC referees?
Currently 2nd in attendan
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
Why has there been 40 yea
2015 - Darius Slayton
College Football PSA (urg
2015 Commitment - Dexter

Old 04-25-2008, 08:36 AM   #21
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gamecock Logos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan
That actually reminds me, I've been looking for the Block C in a large format that has the garnet & white edging, which is what you see pretty much everywhere (in the second post). Or is the "official" logo only the Block C with a white border?
The block C can "officially" be used in any variation or combination of our colors. The coloring is never a set standard...just the logos themselves. I have the Block C by itself, that isn't much to do...it's just removing the Gamecock from the one above.

What I would really like is to find a good logo shot of this gamecock in the photo below so I could vectorize it or even update it...I think it would make a great looking secondary logo.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:04 AM   #22
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly

^ That is pretty sweet. It reminds me of this though:

Also, how random is it to have basketball and swimming in the same book?

Thanks for the info on the colors. I'm just used to seeing the "C" with the garnet outline with the whole thing outlined in white. The only downside to our logo is that it needs a white background, even if only as a border, to look right.

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:15 PM   #23
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly

I love our logo, but one of the problems with it is that because it is a very detailed logo, marketing graphics people have trouble figuring out what is supposed to be clipped out and what isn't.

This was on the GamecocksOnline website to advertise season basketball tickets. If you look around the gamecock's plumage, you can see that there are some areas that are the wrong color garnet. Compare that to the larger logo below, you can see the areas that I'm talking about.

I realize this is extremely anal, but I am a somewhat detailed oriented when it comes to these types of graphics. I want our logo to look clean any time it is shown, and I find it frustrating when it is not. The SC baseball logo is much easier for other people to work with from a graphical perspective. There are fewer possible mistakes when selecting areas to colorize.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:13 PM   #24
Roosterdog
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

I would like to see the "Block C" updated to incorporate an S into it since we are "South" Carolina and not just "Carolina". I also think the "Block C" is looking a little dated. I would love to see an interlocking "SC" with the bird superimposed over the top of it or in the background.
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:46 PM   #25
wilsonhallbarons
USC '17

Male

CockyCash: 10013328
wilsonhallbarons is USC mascot materialwilsonhallbarons is USC mascot materialwilsonhallbarons is USC mascot materialwilsonhallbarons is USC mascot materialwilsonhallbarons is USC mascot materialwilsonhallbarons is USC mascot materialwilsonhallbarons is USC mascot materialwilsonhallbarons is USC mascot materialwilsonhallbarons is USC mascot materialwilsonhallbarons is USC mascot materialwilsonhallbarons is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to wilsonhallbarons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
The block C can "officially" be used in any variation or combination of our colors. The coloring is never a set standard...just the logos themselves. I have the Block C by itself, that isn't much to do...it's just removing the Gamecock from the one above.

What I would really like is to find a good logo shot of this gamecock in the photo below so I could vectorize it or even update it...I think it would make a great looking secondary logo.

never seen that gamecock before! i like it!
Old 11-02-2008, 09:11 PM   #26
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons

what about the "new age" logo on the pullout defense signs you can buy?
atlgamecockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:29 PM   #27
cockyjordan3
Wofford Terrier

Male

CockyCash: 392442
cockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterdog View Post
I would like to see the "Block C" updated to incorporate an S into it since we are "South" Carolina and not just "Carolina". I also think the "Block C" is looking a little dated. I would love to see an interlocking "SC" with the bird superimposed over the top of it or in the background.
WE ARE CAROLINA. dont u remember last year when we were playin unc to see who was the REAL CAROLINA.
thats why the announcer says "and thats another CAROLINA"
Fiiiirrrrrrrsssssstttttttt dddddooowwwwwwwwnnnnn!
cockyjordan3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #28
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Does anyone have an image of the Block C logo with the "Garnet Army" camouflage on it? I had this image saved (I don't recall where I got it... I think it was off of someone's signature last year), so I'm looking for the same thing, just larger.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #29
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Ill get it to ya later Spartan.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #30
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Sweet, thanks!

Old 01-28-2010, 06:40 PM   #31
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Cola did we ever use a logo like the LSU one. Just the leters, so it would be USC?
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:41 PM   #32
cocksTOPfan
Recruit

Male

cocksTOPfan is sharpening his clawscocksTOPfan is sharpening his clawscocksTOPfan is sharpening his clawscocksTOPfan is sharpening his clawscocksTOPfan is sharpening his claws

never seen that
cocksTOPfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #33
GoCocks91
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 16250
GoCocks91 is crowing loudlyGoCocks91 is crowing loudlyGoCocks91 is crowing loudlyGoCocks91 is crowing loudlyGoCocks91 is crowing loudlyGoCocks91 is crowing loudlyGoCocks91 is crowing loudlyGoCocks91 is crowing loudlyGoCocks91 is crowing loudlyGoCocks91 is crowing loudlyGoCocks91 is crowing loudly

colacock you are the man!
GoCocks91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:40 PM   #34
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/ this is a link to a site that has all the old Football helmets including ours kinda neat

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:32 PM   #35
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
Cola did we ever use a logo like the LSU one. Just the leters, so it would be USC?
Are you referring to the Lou Holtz-era interlocking USC or something else? I'm not sure I'm understanding exactly.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:57 PM   #36
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Are you referring to the Lou Holtz-era interlocking USC or something else? I'm not sure I'm understanding exactly.
Nah. I was just thinking that it would be cool to have a logo like the LSU, or FSU logos. Kind of like the font used for the USC in your sig. like on bobby's hat http://collegefootblog.files.wordpre...bby-bowden.jpg

thought it would be cool to have one that said USC
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:42 AM   #37
carolina80
Chaplain of CockyTalk

Male

CockyCash: 200
carolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Nah. I was just thinking that it would be cool to have a logo like the LSU, or FSU logos. Kind of like the font used for the USC in your sig. like on bobby's hat http://collegefootblog.files.wordpre...bby-bowden.jpg

the USC logo in Cola's sig was being used when I started at Carolina....it did not last a long time
Old 01-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #38
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:

Like this one?

I can't find an example of it, but I have a USC hat with the interlocking (holtz-era) USC on the front.

Last edited by Spartan; 01-29-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #39
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110363
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterdog View Post

worst post of the 00's decade... sorry, but the block C is awesome, and we are carolina.... i submit Ric as evidence -->
Old 01-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #40
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110363
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

oh and cola, if you could vectorize that gamecock, that would be awesome!