CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
18IsTheMan
Spurrier_Superior_On
Clowneygotcha
gadeneer1986
GoldenSpur7
GH
cockyguitar
trapper82
eatlighting
SouthCGC
My Observations Abou (1971)
Kevin Sumlin Thought (1740)
Looking ahead to UGA (1725)
Step back from the l (1250)
Gurley lined up to t (1163)
Who else wants to se (811)
How far do we fall.. (803)
Shon Carson at KR (728)
Shaq Roland (728)
Kelcy and Victor Ham (725)
Who else wants to see Con
My Observations About USC
who is the hot woman in t
UFC 177: TJ Dillishaw vs
David Williams??
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
Dylan in the shotgun?
Predict the Season (After
Kelcy and Victor Hampton
Connor Shaw Browns

Old 10-04-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
khosk
Administrator

Male

CockyCash: 109993
khosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot material
Default Carolina Eats

Tailgating and overnight travel is a big part of the football experience. If you want to help out fellow cockytalkers with reviews of restaurants please post them in this thread.

Title the thread with the Restaurant and post the review.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #2
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Carolina Eats

Quote:
Originally Posted by khosk View Post
Tailgating and overnight travel is a big part of the football experience. If you want to help out fellow cockytalkers with reviews of restaurants please post them in this thread.

Title the thread with the Restaurant and post the review.
This is important for this forum to work well I think and not have just a bunch of "best bbq" or "worst restaurant", etc, etc. Big thanks to khosk for getting this going! If possible, a format like this would be cool:

Restaurant Name
Food Taste/Quality: 1-5 rating with 1 being lowest
Atmosphere: 1-5 rating
Service: 1-5 rating
Overall: 1-5 rating
Price: $ (10 bucks or less), $$ (10-25 bucks), $$$ (25 and more)
User Review:

Hopefully, if this format can be stuck to...it will be easier to transfer the reviews over to whatever format khosk comes up with in the future.

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #3
Gamecock4lif
Tailgating Beast

Male

CockyCash: 210225
Gamecock4lif is USC mascot materialGamecock4lif is USC mascot materialGamecock4lif is USC mascot materialGamecock4lif is USC mascot materialGamecock4lif is USC mascot materialGamecock4lif is USC mascot materialGamecock4lif is USC mascot materialGamecock4lif is USC mascot materialGamecock4lif is USC mascot materialGamecock4lif is USC mascot materialGamecock4lif is USC mascot material

^^ Agree
Gamecock4lif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #4
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Nah, that is just too regimented for my tastes. Too much like work instead of play. I'll just choose not to post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
This is important for this forum to work well I think and not have just a bunch of "best bbq" or "worst restaurant", etc, etc. Big thanks to khosk for getting this going! If possible, a format like this would be cool:

Restaurant Name
Food Taste/Quality: 1-5 rating with 1 being lowest
Atmosphere: 1-5 rating
Service: 1-5 rating
Overall: 1-5 rating
Price: $ (10 bucks or less), $$ (10-25 bucks), $$$ (25 and more)
User Review:

Hopefully, if this format can be stuck to...it will be easier to transfer the reviews over to whatever format khosk comes up with in the future.
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #5
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

wow, kind of ironic that you posted then isn't it?
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #6
Bigbadcock12
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 49931240
Bigbadcock12 is USC mascot materialBigbadcock12 is USC mascot materialBigbadcock12 is USC mascot materialBigbadcock12 is USC mascot materialBigbadcock12 is USC mascot materialBigbadcock12 is USC mascot materialBigbadcock12 is USC mascot materialBigbadcock12 is USC mascot materialBigbadcock12 is USC mascot materialBigbadcock12 is USC mascot materialBigbadcock12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
Watch out now that guy will neg rep you!!!
Bigbadcock12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:11 PM   #7
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
Not at all. I write restaurant reviews for publications and for chain owners. Someone suggests that all posts be in a format that is just waaay too much like work. I would choose not to do that. I stated that such a regimented approach doesn't work for me. You, however, just added dental sadism and offered no input to the poster at all.

Quote:
Watch out now that guy will neg rep you!!
Yep, I neg rep idiotic taterish posts bashing the team, coaches, and players.
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #8
Bigbadcock12
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 49931240
Bigbadcock12 is USC mascot materialBigbadcock12 is USC mascot materialBigbadcock12 is USC mascot materialBigbadcock12 is USC mascot materialBigbadcock12 is USC mascot materialBigbadcock12 is USC mascot materialBigbadcock12 is USC mascot materialBigbadcock12 is USC mascot materialBigbadcock12 is USC mascot materialBigbadcock12 is USC mascot materialBigbadcock12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Not at all. I write restaurant reviews for publications and for chain owners. Someone suggests that all posts be in a format that is just waaay too much like work. I would choose not to do that. I stated that such a regimented approach doesn't work for me. You, however, just added dental sadism and offered no input to the poster at all.

Yep, I neg rep idiotic taterish posts bashing the team, coaches, and players.
Yep your handle fits you!! Grumpy old fart!!!
Bigbadcock12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:03 PM   #9
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
That post was made over a year ago...after I lobbied for this forum to be created and khosk made it happen for us all to enjoy.

Obviously, something like this is too much work and "too structured" for the folks on CockyTalk...I do agree. It was just just wishful thinking at first so there wouldn't be a bunch of threads with back and forth chatter when someone really just wanted to know if the restaurant was good or not. There was also the intention of making an online directory/application for all the restaurants- so they could be easily searched. Something like what I presented would be essential in a format like that- I would expect you to know that since you claim to have experience in dining reviews.

However, to make a point- I have wrote many restaurant reviews myself (both commissioned and at my own will) and most have a formal structure to them like I had initially presented.

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #10
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

This might be the best stickied thread ever
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote