CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Yearofthegamecock
ReadR00ster
TAFC 5 1981
WeStillOwnUSC
b381l
Sir Cuss
Gamecocks1137
kick_ball
eightohhthree
Coulwoodwarlord
uniforms saturday (2439)
Auburn looks beatabl (2201)
Vandy Fans (1583)
Three young corners (819)
King - South Carolin (679)
**official Vandy pre (676)
Watch ESPN3 regional (672)
Cardinal's Jonathan (573)
No Vandy Predictions (359)
tailgating canopy on (340)
**official Vandy predicti
ESPN reporter adding to t
The SEC East schedule fro
2015 Commitment - Arden K
No Vandy Predictions Thre
King - South Carolina vs
Three young corners progr
Next years RB situation
Gamecocks Traveling to Au
2015 Commitment - Mon Den

Old 01-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
TStone
Grammar Nazi

Male

Pumpkin Contest: Winner of the Pumpkin Carving Contest - Given for: Pumpkin Contest 
CockyCash: 4535
TStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot material
Default John McKay Quotes

John McKay was one of the wittiest football coaches of all time. He also happened to be Spurrier's head coach at Tampa during Spurrier's last season as a NFL QB. I wonder if this is where Spurrier gets it...

* On the execution of the Bucs offense: ``I think it's a good idea.''

* On why he rarely had bed checks: ``You usually wind up staying up all night, or until your best player comes in.''

* On the significance of experience: ``If you have everyone back from a team that lost 10 games, experience isn't too important.''

* On the weaknesses of linebacker Hugh Green: ``He's not twins.''

* On Bill Capece, who was waived in 1983 after missing a field goal and extra point: ``Capece is kaput.''

* On place-kicker Pete Rajecki having a bad camp with the Bucs because McKay made him nervous: ``I don't think he's got much of a future here, because I plan on going to all the games.''

* On the Bucs' 42-0 loss to Pittsburgh on a very cold day: ``I remember in Pittsburgh we had no players and the ones we did have wanted to stay at the hotel by the fire. I was ticked because that's where I wanted to stand.''

* On the importance of an older quarterback's mobility: ``As a person gets older he doesn't get faster. Our quarterback will run from fright or lack of protection.''

* On fan mail he received as a Tampa Bay coach: ``It was about three-to-one that I was not an SOB. But there were a lot of ones.''

* On why coaching an expansion team is a religious experience: ``You do a lot of praying, but most of the time the answer is `No.' ''

* On the Bucs early games: ``Every time I look up, it seems we're punting.''

* On O.J. Simpson carrying the ball 47 times in a USC game: `` He doesn't belong to a union. Anyway, the ball doesn't weigh that much.''

* On blocking strategy: ``Hold when you're at home and don't hold when you're on the road.''

* On his disdain for the Packers: ``If a contest had 97 prizes, the 98th would be a trip to Green Bay.''

* On opening days: ``Opening games make me nervous. To tell the truth, I'd rather open with our second game.''

* On training camp: ``It's shattering when a player loses interest in camp. When you lose your desire to stand around and eat steaks, you lose everything.''

* Asked if Lynn Cain of the Atlanta Falcons was ready to play against the Bucs: ``Let me know if Cain is able.''
Old 01-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #2
22cocky
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1108000
22cocky is USC mascot material22cocky is USC mascot material22cocky is USC mascot material22cocky is USC mascot material22cocky is USC mascot material22cocky is USC mascot material22cocky is USC mascot material22cocky is USC mascot material22cocky is USC mascot material22cocky is USC mascot material22cocky is USC mascot material
Default Re: John McKay Quotes

funny
Old 01-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
NewberryCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1234866
NewberryCock is USC mascot materialNewberryCock is USC mascot materialNewberryCock is USC mascot materialNewberryCock is USC mascot materialNewberryCock is USC mascot materialNewberryCock is USC mascot materialNewberryCock is USC mascot materialNewberryCock is USC mascot materialNewberryCock is USC mascot materialNewberryCock is USC mascot materialNewberryCock is USC mascot material

Thanks TS, those are classic McKay. I still love his quote after his Southern Cal team lost to Notre Dame 51-0 "All those who need showers,take them.

NewberryCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:17 AM   #4
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Great stuff thanks.pts
Old 01-09-2009, 05:32 AM   #5
morgan n' 7
somewhat unoriginal

Male

Signature: Award given for the best signature - Given for: having the best signature of 2005 
CockyCash: 400
morgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
"What do you think about your team's execution?" McKay responded, "I'm all for it!"
That was always my favorite.