CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
johnnyb
Aggie96
SuperCockMaster
Master Bedroom
75CarolinaFan
Spurrier_Superior_On
SwampFox
WeStillOwnUSC
Regalcock
Devonte Holloman Ret (2527)
JD & DJ Getting (1122)
Aggie looking forwar (1087)
Article on Shaw & (1054)
I have not bought in (1020)
Cockaboose Owners (995)
and the #1 2014 acc (864)
I'm thinking we're g (758)
SEC East QB's Ranked (647)
Clemson OT to transf (509)
I have not bought into ou
Come and get your Johnny
WR Depth Chart/Rotation
WBB- Lady Vols Mercedes R
SEC East QB's Ranked
wbb - Ibiam & Welch p
First "Carolina Call
Really excited to visit t
2016 - Bryan Edwards
Lattimore Tidbit

Old 01-24-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material
Default What was your hardest class in high school? Your best class?

What class did you find the most challenging in high school?

I'm a senior now, and for me it is HANDS DOWN physics. That stuff is rediculous. I'm in a honors physics right now, and I think it's a combination of not liking the way my teacher teaches the material, and the fact that it's just so hard. I hate math, and I'm not crazy about science, so putting them together is ROUGH. Pre-cal was also pretty difficult for me too. I would have listed it as my hardest class until this year. haha

My best class is probably English. I'm much more of an english/history person than a math/science person. I'm currently in AP Lit/Composition, and I really enjoy it. I have one of the highest grades in my class, and I really like my teacher (I had him sophomore year as well) so it's easy for me to pay attention. I also loved my US History course junior year and my Government course 1st semester this year, becuase I find it interesting.

How about yall?
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material
Default Re: What was your hardest class in high school? Your best class?

My hardest class was Chemistry. My easiest was world history.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
Click
CWS National Champs!

Male

CockyCash: 503
Click is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot material

Any kind of math! I hated it. I was more of a English / History guy.
Click is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
bertoholic
THAT Damn Good

Male

CockyCash: 14152650
bertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot material

I just want you to know that you just reminded me that my 10 year anniversary is coming up next year. Now I am mad at you for making me feel old.

but to answer your question...my hardest my senior year was probably French III, the teacher hated me and kicked me out everyday. Its hard to pass that way. It might have been English 4 though, but only bc I got drunk almost everyday before it and I was trying not to get caught. But, I never had any trouble in high school. I could not try and make Bs and some As, so I did.

If you don't know now you know....
bertoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #5
dabigtymer864
The Sophomore Sensation

Male

CockyCash: 1662
dabigtymer864 is USC mascot materialdabigtymer864 is USC mascot materialdabigtymer864 is USC mascot materialdabigtymer864 is USC mascot materialdabigtymer864 is USC mascot materialdabigtymer864 is USC mascot materialdabigtymer864 is USC mascot materialdabigtymer864 is USC mascot materialdabigtymer864 is USC mascot materialdabigtymer864 is USC mascot materialdabigtymer864 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to dabigtymer864

Algebra II was by far the hardest class i've ever taken. Its the only class in high school in which i didn't have an A or B. A close second would be World Literature.

Easiest would definitely be World History, U.S. History, and Gov't. and Econ.
dabigtymer864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #6
evilpoptart
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
evilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudly
Send a message via AIM to evilpoptart

easy was Math and applied industrial science.

hardest for me was Chem/Bio because I had no interest in it.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
Click
CWS National Champs!

Male

CockyCash: 503
Click is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigtymer864 View Post
Easiest would definitely be World History, U.S. History, and Gov't. and Econ.
This doesn't surprise me after reading your posts in the political forum. Couldn't believe it when I saw you were only 17. You are light years ahead of your age kid - compliment.
Click is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:18 PM   #8
carolina80
Chaplain of CockyTalk

Male

carolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot material

English was always my best class....straight A's always. I could string together words with absolute ease, but you just change those words into numbers and I was lost!
Algebra killed me. I had to make a 72 on the final to pass for the year, and I made precisely 72. One day in Algebra II the teacher wrote a problem on the board and then called on me. "Find X," he said. I told him, "You never should have lost the d*** thing!" I thought I had a 5 day vacation for that one! But he was cool and only kept me one afternoon in detention.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:19 PM   #9
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

Hardest was chemistry. Any history class was like story time.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #10
dabigtymer864
The Sophomore Sensation

Male

dabigtymer864 is USC mascot materialdabigtymer864 is USC mascot materialdabigtymer864 is USC mascot materialdabigtymer864 is USC mascot materialdabigtymer864 is USC mascot materialdabigtymer864 is USC mascot materialdabigtymer864 is USC mascot materialdabigtymer864 is USC mascot materialdabigtymer864 is USC mascot materialdabigtymer864 is USC mascot materialdabigtymer864 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click View Post
This doesn't surprise me after reading your posts in the political forum. Couldn't believe it when I saw you were only 17. You are light years ahead of your age kid - compliment.
thank you so much
Old 01-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #11
carolina80
Chaplain of CockyTalk

Male

carolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertoholic View Post
I just want you to know that you just reminded me that my 10 year anniversary is coming up next year. Now I am mad at you for making me feel old.
My next reunion is my 40th!
Old 01-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #12
carolina80
Chaplain of CockyTalk

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMule View Post
Hardest was chemistry. Any history class was like story time.

yeah, but back then there was less history to remember!
Old 01-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #13
atrain3067
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 825000
atrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to atrain3067

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina80 View Post
English was always my best class....straight A's always. I could string together words with absolute ease, but you just change those words into numbers and I was lost!
Algebra killed me. I had to make a 72 on the final to pass for the year, and I made precisely 72. One day in Algebra II the teacher wrote a problem on the board and then called on me. "Find X," he said. I told him, "You never should have lost the d*** thing!" I thought I had a 5 day vacation for that one! But he was cool and only kept me one afternoon in detention.

My toughest was physics, even though I got an B, we had a weak teacher, and I knew I wasn't getting it. Calculus just tore me up too. When I got to college, Chemistry got me. That's when being a doctor left town. I loved biology, and it was one of my best subjects, along w/ US History and economics, and Finance later in college.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #14
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

I did really well in Math, bad in English (I think I played around too much in 8th grade, got behind and never caught up. I got A's and B's in my College English classes though). My favorite class though was History, it was just interesting.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:13 PM   #15
Dr. Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100000
Dr. Cock is USC mascot materialDr. Cock is USC mascot materialDr. Cock is USC mascot materialDr. Cock is USC mascot materialDr. Cock is USC mascot materialDr. Cock is USC mascot materialDr. Cock is USC mascot materialDr. Cock is USC mascot materialDr. Cock is USC mascot materialDr. Cock is USC mascot materialDr. Cock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Dr. Cock

Hardest class? None of them... I never went to class. I just ended up with a 3.5 GPA and left it at that.
Dr. Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:24 PM   #16
05USCGrad
i'm probably lying

Male

CockyCash: 100950
05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material

My hardest class was trigonometry. It was probably due to the amount of material crammed into one semester considering I did ok in AP calculus which was a 2 semester class.

The easiest one was Spanish.

05USCGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #17
dabigtymer864
The Sophomore Sensation

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Cock View Post
Hardest class? None of them... I never went to class. I just ended up with a 3.5 GPA and left it at that.
some of us don't have it that easy...
Old 01-24-2009, 03:30 PM   #18
CarolinaGirl82
Short and Sassy

Female

CockyCash: 593
CarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina80 View Post
I am the exact same way. English was always my best class all through school and I always got straight A's. One of my teachers called me a "walking dictionary". Math was always my hardest subject. Algebra I and Geometry were not that bad because I had a teacher who could actually teach where I could understand it (a little anyway). I wound up getting out of there with C's. Now Algebra II was a different story. I got a D in there and my dad went absolutely bonkers. It's like I tell people now, the only numbers I like are on my paycheck and the more numbers that are in FRONT of the decimal, the better.

CarolinaGirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #19
go_carolina_528
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

NCAA Bracket Champion: NCAA Bracket Challenge Winner - Given for: NCAA Bracket Challenge 
go_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot material

Hardest- Geomotry
Teacher was a b!tch. All she did was read out of the book at the front of the class.
Escaped with a 87

Easiest-Any Social Studies (Geography, U.S. History, Gov. and Economics, World History)
Plan on majoring in Poli Sci in college so these class were a piece of cake.
Had the highest grade in U.S. History.
go_carolina_528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #20
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

I guess for me it was a toss-up between Biology and Algebra II. The algebra would not have been that bad, but my brilliant self decided to take Honors Geometry and Honors Algebra II at the same time. I aced geometry, but barely squeaked on the algebra.

Biology would likely have been easier if I had waited a year before taking it. I took it as a freshman, but my highschool generally reserved it for sophomores. I appealed to get in since I always had good grades in my sciences, and the counselors approved it. But man did I have a nice little shock once I got started. Either way I still passed, but I probably would have gotten a much higher grade had I waited.