CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
KaneisAble
GamecockSuperFan
DTGCOCKS#32
ShutTheSuccop
The Yancey
Pw00132
Master Bedroom
GarnetSwarm1990
HBC Weekly Presser (1341)
Thompson Has Neck In (1169)
Nosovitch (689)
Zone Read Analysis w (639)
What fish do you eat (599)
KY Suspends 4 Player (525)
Clowney didnt get ma (450)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (422)
4th & 1 Play (372)
Request (288)
State talent drying up
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
One player could have cha
Funny?
QB Recruiting Strategy
HBC Weekly Presser
10-2
Defer Or Not?
Thompson Has Neck Injury

Old 01-25-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
c-girl
51 and proud of it!

Female

CockyCash: 79300000
c-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot material
Default The loss of a co-worker, friend, and mentor

Yesterday we lost George Bluford Jones to a motorcycle accident. His grandson was also on the bike and thankfully escaped with minor injuries. His grandson was wearing a helmet, Blu was not.

Please say a prayer for Blu's grandson, family, and all of us that have known and loved him.

Of my almost 30 years with the company I have worked directly for Blu for over 22 years at one position or another within our one group. I cannot imagine what it will be like to walk into work tomorrow knowing that he will never be there again, that I cannot pick up the phone to chat (my desk is in another area), or send a smart a$$ response to one of his sometimes sarcastic and/or cryptic e-mails. Whenever any problem happened at the plant one of the first questions would always be, "has anyone talked with Bluford yet?" or "what did Bluford say to do about this?" He taught generations of people how to operate our plant. His loss to our company is incalcuable.

Blu was a one time amateur vet, suspect builder for his own home projects, self taught mechanic, part-time used car dealer, divorced more times than he had been married, cared for his mom until the day she died from cancer, helped his dad live his last days with dignity and respect, cancer surviver, and supported an extended family. All of those who knew him could yell at him one minute and then be laughing about the whole thing the next.

I am grateful that I was able to see him on Wed - he was leaving as I was coming in. Blu was venting because he had a minor fight with our manager (they settled things the next day) and Blu talked about that he had just decided that 2010 would be his last year working for the company after 40 years of service. We talked about what his plans would be and who could possibly replace him. Just a few minutes later I heard the beep from his car horn. He was pleased to show me his new little car that he had bought to save on gas driving to & from work. When he dropped me off at the main entrance of the plant, I made him laugh by commenting that he had bikes that were bigger than his little car. My last memory of Blu was of him laughing as he drove away. I will thank God every day for that.

So if you see the news story of the accident in Anderson, please know that he was much, much more than a 30 second blurb on the news.

Rest in peace Blu.....

What I make with my hands I give with my heart

RIP #11, Forever To Thee

Last edited by c-girl; 01-25-2009 at 10:32 PM.
c-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
Natalie83
Sweet Southern Pearl

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming Queen 2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Non-Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 10200
Natalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Natalie83 Send a message via Yahoo to Natalie83 Send a message via Skype™ to Natalie83
Default Re: The loss of a co-worker, friend, and mentor

prayers sent!
Natalie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #3
c-girl
51 and proud of it!

Female

c-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot material

Thanks Natalie...

RIP #11, Forever To Thee
Old 01-25-2009, 09:16 PM   #4
MEGA
GO SPURRIER AND COMPANY

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best USC Fan 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best USC Fan 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Nascar Challenge: Nascar Challenge Winner - Given for: 2nd place 2007 Nascar Challenge 
CockyCash: 50451139
MEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot material

I am so sorry to hear this , co-workers become much like family since we are with them so much , I lost alot of friends of mine during my 27 years at KEMET , I think we just take our time here for granted ,thats why its so important that our loved ones know we love them each and everyday and we tell them so !! Blu left you with his wonderful laugh ...........that a memory that can never be taken ! Again C Girl I am so sorry !!
Old 01-25-2009, 09:27 PM   #5
c-girl
51 and proud of it!

Female

Thanks Mega... Blu was like family to me... we could talk about anything to each other... he will be missed...

RIP #11, Forever To Thee
Old 01-25-2009, 09:30 PM   #6
MEGA
GO SPURRIER AND COMPANY

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best USC Fan 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best USC Fan 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Nascar Challenge: Nascar Challenge Winner - Given for: 2nd place 2007 Nascar Challenge 
CockyCash: 50451139
MEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-girl View Post
Thanks Mega... Blu was like family to me... we could talk about anything to each other... he will be missed...
A real good friend of mine that I worked with at KEMET is from Cheddar , and I think thats where he had his accident .
Old 01-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #7
c-girl
51 and proud of it!

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
A real good friend of mine that I worked with at KEMET is from Cheddar , and I think thats where he had his accident .
That's right... it was less than 1/2 mile from his house.. Blu's family has lived in that area forever... so I'm sure your friend either knew him or knew of him...

RIP #11, Forever To Thee

Last edited by c-girl; 01-25-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:17 AM   #8
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

I'm sorry to hear about that C-girl. That is really sad. My prayers are with all of his friends & family at this sad time.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:23 AM   #9
kre25
TIGER

Male

CockyCash: 25089595
kre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot material

Very Sorry for Your Loss!

Prayers sent for the Family and Friends.
kre25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:57 AM   #10
Click
CWS National Champs!

Male

CockyCash: 503
Click is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot materialClick is USC mascot material

So sorry c-girl. Prayers sent.
Click is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #11
Dietz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
Dietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot material

prayers sent c-girl
Old 01-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #12
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 300000000
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

prayers for everyone that knew him.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:38 AM   #13
MB_Gamecock
Mudda Fricka

Male

CockyCash: 900000000
MB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot material

Prayers sent
MB_Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #14
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Prayers definitely sent!
Old 01-26-2009, 01:57 PM   #15
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Prayers sent C-Girl.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #16
c-girl
51 and proud of it!

Female

Thanks everyone. Today at work has been really, really hard. Everyone has been sharing Bluford stories (and there are quite a few of them!), tears, and hugs. Looks like the church will have standing room only tomorrow.

I did find out today that wearing a helmet would have not made a difference in his survival.

RIP #11, Forever To Thee
Old 01-26-2009, 06:19 PM   #17
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

C-girl I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. As the old saying goes, thank God we can pick our friends because we can't pick our family! Blu sounds like an extraordinary man who was loved by all of you. I lost two of my best friends last year and have a third with terminal cancer so I know how painful it can be to lose someone. I understand that Blu was NOT "just a friend" but someone that you genuinely was glad was in your life. He was the type friend who enriched the lives of those he touched and they're a better person for having known him.
Deepest sympathy and prayers for his family and friends.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #18
c-girl
51 and proud of it!

Female

too bad you can't see the pony tail... he had one as long as I knew him... it just got greyer and thinner as the years went by...

Quote:
Jones said it took a while to remove the various messages and graffiti that construction workers left behind at the plant, but he has enjoyed his career almost as much as riding his five Harley motorcycles.

Jones said when he first started it was like magic to him.

“I understood reactor theory, but putting it together with steaming water didn’t come to me until later,” Jones said. “Now I love it. When you have a job you love and get paid, too, you stick with it.”
Link: http://www.independentmail.com/news/...wtich-flipped/

RIP #11, Forever To Thee
Old 01-26-2009, 08:14 PM   #19
LaserCock
Two Deep

Female

CockyCash: 200
LaserCock rules the CockPitLaserCock rules the CockPitLaserCock rules the CockPitLaserCock rules the CockPitLaserCock rules the CockPitLaserCock rules the CockPitLaserCock rules the CockPitLaserCock rules the CockPitLaserCock rules the CockPitLaserCock rules the CockPitLaserCock rules the CockPit

C-girl, I just saw this Thread and I am so very sorry. I will be praying for his family, co-workers and dear friends. Thanks for sharing the information.
LaserCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:31 PM   #20
c-girl
51 and proud of it!

Female

As expected it was a full house in church this afternoon. There was a wide variety in the visitors from the sr plant managers, his entire work group, neighbors, friends, and extended family. Even some members of the local Hell's Angels chapter stopped by to pay their respects (and no he wasn't a member!)

So the sad, sad day of saying goodbye is over and tomorrow we begin the everyday activities of living. But it will never be the same.

Goodbye Bluford. You will be missed. And never forgotten.

RIP #11, Forever To Thee