CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Aggie96
Gamecocks1137
rolinb1
jebodiah
b381l
Acockolypse Now
Cockypantherfan
Gamecock in TX
cockycrazy2001
Vote for Browns star (3450)
Shaw Lighting Up Bro (2525)
2016 Commitment - Ja (2183)
Connor Shaw intervie (1081)
Aggie Statistics (1013)
Gameday Garnet Polo (964)
They are coming to y (885)
Spurrier accepts coc (744)
TJ Holloman (660)
Free furniture if A& (566)
Hard Knocks this week.
Official SEC Network and
2015 Commitment - Arden K
TJ Holloman
2013 game vs TN is on SEC
Gamecocks do the Ice Buck
Spurrier accepts cockys c
Favorite Gamecock of all-
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Name a Gamecock

Old 06-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
CCC
Her Modness

Female

CockyCash: 101500
CCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot material
Default Gamecock/Garnet wedding

Ok guys and gals, want to hear your creative ideas for a Gamecock/Garnet wedding. Want to have a gamecock/garnet theme and stay classy, nothing too over the top. Some of the ideas I'm thinking of:

1) Gamecock bowties and cumberbunds for the men
2) Possibly getting Cocky at the reception
3) Walking into the reception to '2001'
4) Having engagement photos taken at various USC areas, like the horseshoe, football stadium, etc and have those photos in nice, silver maybe, USC frames to put out at the reception
5) A Gamecock grooms cake of course! Garnet will be somehow integrated into the regular wedding cake as well
6) Wedding dress I'm looking at has garnet in it (any guys interested can see a pic of it in the Hen House) with a gamecock garter. Bridesmaid dresses will be garnet.

Let me hear your ideas!!
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
The Dude
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000475
The Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gamecock/Garnet wedding

My in-laws surprised me with Cocky at my wedding...we didn't walk into the reception to 2001, which looking back I'm glad now. Instead we walked into "All You Need Is Love"...Cocky made his entrance after the toaste and cake-cutting to 2001.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
TopCockOnTheBlock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 593
TopCockOnTheBlock rules the CockPitTopCockOnTheBlock rules the CockPitTopCockOnTheBlock rules the CockPitTopCockOnTheBlock rules the CockPitTopCockOnTheBlock rules the CockPitTopCockOnTheBlock rules the CockPitTopCockOnTheBlock rules the CockPitTopCockOnTheBlock rules the CockPitTopCockOnTheBlock rules the CockPitTopCockOnTheBlock rules the CockPitTopCockOnTheBlock rules the CockPit

Name your firstborn Sir Cock-a-lot.
TopCockOnTheBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
palmettogirlusc
Resident Fashion Expert

Female

Avatar: Award given for the best avatar - Given for: having the best avatar of 2005 
CockyCash: 99987
palmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot material

a lot of people do the walking in to 2001. one of my best friends and my cousin did that when they got married. i love the idea of the bowties, IMO i think they will look better with vests than cumberbunds.

an idea ill give you from that wedding was for their get away. they both dressed in garnet (she had a garnet and white sundress, he had a polo and khaki shorts). As party favors they gave away garnet and black stadium poms with their new monogram on it, and the get away car was a garnet truck decked out with gamecock magnets everywhere, and they had set up tailgate chairs in the back for them to sit in as they road down the road to their hotel.

another thing they did that was gamecock related was as the centerpieces of all the tables was CROMERS BOILED PEANUTS!!! they bought 2 cases for all the tables (and boy did my car smell like peanuts for the next week, cause i had to bring them from cola to fort mill.)

OH and as the food, they had tailgate foods. fried okra, fried chicken, pasta salad, pigs in a blanket, etc

palmettogirlusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #5
Go Carolina
We Are 138

Male

CockyCash: 735553
Go Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot materialGo Carolina is USC mascot material

I think the pics on the horseshoe are a good idea.
I don't know how familiar you are with the horseshoe, but there are alot of "hidden" gardens and fountains around the periphery. You should go spend one afternoon looking off the beaten path for some really beautiful scenery. Look between and behind buildings.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:32 AM   #6
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

I love your ideas and walking in to 2001 would be cool, unless you did get Cocky to come, then maybe he can walk in to 2001 instead. The Gamecock Groom's cake is a great idea and what you could do for the wedding cake is have them make garnet color ribbons out of fondont icing and it can sort of flow down your cake. Your cake topper can be a sports-themed one. I found the following website for you where it seems they can make one to order:

http://www.jwcaketops.com/wedfigurines/hobbiesinterests/sportsfan1.htm

I don't know what you have in mind for table centerpieces, but one idea is you can go to a Garden Ridge or an Old Time Pottery type store where they sell stuff fairly inexspensively. Look for some plain white square plates made from stonewear - not melamine or plastic. That could be the base for your centerpiece. Buy off-white candles in two sizes for each plate. Around the candles, you can find garnet colored vase gems and sprinkle those around the candles on the plates. Then, get a long-stemmed burgundy cala lili and a white one (trim stems to exact size), then wrap the stems together with black satin ribbon - if you can find Gamecock ribbon, that would be cool. Tie at top underneath the flowers with a bow and lay the flowers across the edge of the plates as an accent for the candles. (Flowers can be found at www.afloral.com). If you want, you can find tulle in black and cut in squares and sort of scrunch the squares underneath the plates all around, then find garnet rose petals and lightly sprinkle them around the black tulle and on the tables. You could use black tablecloths with a garnet runner. I know that sounds like alot, but I did something similar at my daughter's wedding reception (her colors were pink and black) and it looked so pretty. I got alot of compliments on it. I gave the plates to my daughter so she could use them and we split the candles - I have some in my house, I gave some to my mom and some to my other daughter's that have since moved out into their own apartments. I made flower arrangements with the flowers I used in the centerpieces.

For wedding favors, you can order those little 2X2 or 3X3 custom-made boxes (http://www.efavormart.com/wedding-favor-boxes.aspx?referral=adwords&kw=Favor_Box&gclid=CPT Uv7bZkJsCFROdnAodsk6vpg). Inside, you can fill it with Dove Chocolates and/or Hershey's Kisses, then maybe a Gamecock keychain or something fairly inexpensive.

Those are just some ideas. I hope you have a great time planning for your wedding! Congrats & Best Wishes!

Last edited by MEL; 06-17-2009 at 02:43 AM.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:30 AM   #7
Forkcock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 50854678
Forkcock is USC mascot materialForkcock is USC mascot materialForkcock is USC mascot materialForkcock is USC mascot materialForkcock is USC mascot materialForkcock is USC mascot materialForkcock is USC mascot materialForkcock is USC mascot materialForkcock is USC mascot materialForkcock is USC mascot materialForkcock is USC mascot material

I like the vest idea.
Forkcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:03 AM   #8
MethodLief
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
MethodLief is making other chickens nervousMethodLief is making other chickens nervousMethodLief is making other chickens nervousMethodLief is making other chickens nervousMethodLief is making other chickens nervousMethodLief is making other chickens nervousMethodLief is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
My in-laws surprised me with Cocky at my wedding...we didn't walk into the reception to 2001, which looking back I'm glad now. Instead we walked into "All You Need Is Love"...Cocky made his entrance after the toaste and cake-cutting to 2001.
My best friend did the same thing last year for his reception, except that he walked in with 2001 blaring and Cocky doing his dance. He also got married at Rutledge Chapel in the Horseshoe.
MethodLief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:34 AM   #9
CCC
Her Modness

Female

CCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettogirlusc View Post
a lot of people do the walking in to 2001. one of my best friends and my cousin did that when they got married. i love the idea of the bowties, IMO i think they will look better with vests than cumberbunds.

an idea ill give you from that wedding was for their get away. they both dressed in garnet (she had a garnet and white sundress, he had a polo and khaki shorts). As party favors they gave away garnet and black stadium poms with their new monogram on it, and the get away car was a garnet truck decked out with gamecock magnets everywhere, and they had set up tailgate chairs in the back for them to sit in as they road down the road to their hotel.

another thing they did that was gamecock related was as the centerpieces of all the tables was CROMERS BOILED PEANUTS!!! they bought 2 cases for all the tables (and boy did my car smell like peanuts for the next week, cause i had to bring them from cola to fort mill.)

OH and as the food, they had tailgate foods. fried okra, fried chicken, pasta salad, pigs in a blanket, etc
These are great ideas pgirl ..... I've definitely added them to my planning book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Carolina View Post
I think the pics on the horseshoe are a good idea.
I don't know how familiar you are with the horseshoe, but there are alot of "hidden" gardens and fountains around the periphery. You should go spend one afternoon looking off the beaten path for some really beautiful scenery. Look between and behind buildings.
I plan to hire a photographer from Columbia that's done some shoots on campus so we'll look for the "hidden" areas. I saw this picture on one website and I think it would be soooooo cool to do when I get my dress in:

Old 06-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #10
CCC
Her Modness

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
I love your ideas and walking in to 2001 would be cool, unless you did get Cocky to come, then maybe he can walk in to 2001 instead. The Gamecock Groom's cake is a great idea and what you could do for the wedding cake is have them make garnet color ribbons out of fondont icing and it can sort of flow down your cake. Your cake topper can be a sports-themed one. I found the following website for you where it seems they can make one to order:

http://www.jwcaketops.com/wedfigurines/hobbiesinterests/sportsfan1.htm

I don't know what you have in mind for table centerpieces, but one idea is you can go to a Garden Ridge or an Old Time Pottery type store where they sell stuff fairly inexspensively. Look for some plain white square plates made from stonewear - not melamine or plastic. That could be the base for your centerpiece. Buy off-white candles in two sizes for each plate. Around the candles, you can find garnet colored vase gems and sprinkle those around the candles on the plates. Then, get a long-stemmed burgundy cala lili and a white one (trim stems to exact size), then wrap the stems together with black satin ribbon - if you can find Gamecock ribbon, that would be cool. Tie at top underneath the flowers with a bow and lay the flowers across the edge of the plates as an accent for the candles. (Flowers can be found at www.afloral.com). If you want, you can find tulle in black and cut in squares and sort of scrunch the squares underneath the plates all around, then find garnet rose petals and lightly sprinkle them around the black tulle and on the tables. You could use black tablecloths with a garnet runner. I know that sounds like alot, but I did something similar at my daughter's wedding reception (her colors were pink and black) and it looked so pretty. I got alot of compliments on it. I gave the plates to my daughter so she could use them and we split the candles - I have some in my house, I gave some to my mom and some to my other daughter's that have since moved out into their own apartments. I made flower arrangements with the flowers I used in the centerpieces.

For wedding favors, you can order those little 2X2 or 3X3 custom-made boxes (http://www.efavormart.com/wedding-favor-boxes.aspx?referral=adwords&kw=Favor_Box&gclid=CPT Uv7bZkJsCFROdnAodsk6vpg). Inside, you can fill it with Dove Chocolates and/or Hershey's Kisses, then maybe a Gamecock keychain or something fairly inexpensive.

Those are just some ideas. I hope you have a great time planning for your wedding! Congrats & Best Wishes!
Lots of great ideas for the reception Mel .... I really appreciate the feedback and suggestions! I saw a picture of a Mr. and Mrs. Cocky cake topper that I'm having a hard time finding. The pic is on my computer at home, I'll post it tonight and see if anyone has seen it in the Cola area.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #11
palmettogirlusc
Resident Fashion Expert

Female

Avatar: Award given for the best avatar - Given for: having the best avatar of 2005 
palmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot material

http://www.laurengossettphotography.com/wordpress/

i worked with this girl at a jewelry store in the burg. she currently lives in cola.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lonisme123 (this is her flickr site with some of her older stuff that you won't find on her new site.)

Old 06-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #12
CCC
Her Modness

Female

Here's what I'm looking for.......I mentioned a Mr. and Mrs. Cocky wedding topper, looks like a plush set:

Old 06-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #13
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

awwww love that!!!!
Old 06-18-2009, 12:07 PM   #14
palmettogirlusc
Resident Fashion Expert

Female

i have one of those plushies!!!
that is so cute!
you could always just go buy the two plushies then find/make the tux and dress!

Old 06-18-2009, 01:28 PM   #15
CCC
Her Modness

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettogirlusc View Post
i have one of those plushies!!!
that is so cute!
you could always just go buy the two plushies then find/make the tux and dress!

I was thinking that might be what I have to do ..... and it might be what that couple did!
Old 06-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #16
Jeff45ACP
I give girls the finger

Male

CockyCash: 6300
Jeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff45ACP

Just a thought, since you are open to ideas. A friend of mine got married last year, and naturally, there was beer at the reception. The coolest thing besides that, was that they had a friend of his make custom can coozies to give out at the wedding. They were nice, ucz they had the palmetto & moon symbol on one side, and like a monogrammed initials and the date on the other. Theirs were green & black, and vice versa, but they had a ton of them and I'm sure they would be way better looking in garnet & black. I thought it was a good way to go, since I'm reminded of their wedding every time I dip in the coozie/can hugger bin.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:59 AM   #17
palmettogirlusc
Resident Fashion Expert

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff45ACP View Post
Just a thought, since you are open to ideas. A friend of mine got married last year, and naturally, there was beer at the reception. The coolest thing besides that, was that they had a friend of his make custom can coozies to give out at the wedding. They were nice, ucz they had the palmetto & moon symbol on one side, and like a monogrammed initials and the date on the other. Theirs were green & black, and vice versa, but they had a ton of them and I'm sure they would be way better looking in garnet & black. I thought it was a good way to go, since I'm reminded of their wedding every time I dip in the coozie/can hugger bin.

i forgot about that, at my friends wedding they did the same thing except theirs say "josh and kathryn" then have the palmetto tree and moon then below that it has the date of the wedding. but they are in blue with all the details in white. Its been 2 years and i still use that koozie. LOVE IT.

another idea i thought of was instead of the tradition guest book, get a gamecock related book. like the history of the university or something. a coffee table type book. and get your guests to sign that book instead on any page they wish. both of my roommates did that. using the same book unknowingly. its different and it will be something from your wedding that you can keep out on display in your house!

Old 06-19-2009, 04:18 AM   #18
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

The plush Mr. & Mrs. Cocky cake topper sure is cute and would look so good on top of your cake! Neat!
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:54 AM   #19
JessiePayne
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
JessiePayne has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCC View Post
Ok guys and gals, want to hear your creative ideas for a Gamecock/Garnet wedding. Want to have a gamecock/garnet theme and stay classy, nothing too over the top. Some of the ideas I'm thinking of:

1) Gamecock bowties and cumberbunds for the men
2) Possibly getting Cocky at the reception
3) Walking into the reception to '2001'
4) Having engagement photos taken at various USC areas, like the horseshoe, football stadium, etc and have those photos in nice, silver maybe, USC frames to put out at the reception
5) A Gamecock grooms cake of course! Garnet will be somehow integrated into the regular wedding cake as well
6) Wedding dress I'm looking at has garnet in it (any guys interested can see a pic of it in the Hen House) with a gamecock garter. Bridesmaid wedding dresses will be garnet.

Let me hear your ideas!!
Please dont mind posting in old thread but I was looking for such information.. I am planning wedding in coming months and searching for some exciting themes..Now I will try to get more information about Gamecock/Garnet wedding.. Thanks and sorry again

Last edited by JessiePayne; 06-28-2013 at 12:52 AM.
JessiePayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #20
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

someone should have an orange cake and instead of having a civil cake cutting, butcher the thing
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote