CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
taylorssc
JDJones
TAFC 5 1981
Gamecocks1137
MB_Gamecock
Master Bedroom
conwaycock2
StretfordEnd
Regalcock
TheUniversityofSC
Bowl projections (1929)
Why has there been 4 (1068)
Good Omen for Saturd (1048)
No excuse for the D (953)
A little late to the (818)
Rebutting Dabo's Ran (787)
Texas A&M Defens (576)
Spurrier Dabo Meme (528)
SC Women #1 in AP Po (524)
Ten Years Ago (yeste (333)
2014 - 2015 Atlanta Brave
Suspicious sign-in activi
Starting Lineup Announced
Bowl projections
Texas A&M Defense
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Good Omen for Saturday?
Shaq Roland
NFL: STEELERS @ TITANS Mo

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2014 Signee - Taylor Stallworth

Defensive Lineman from Mobile, Alabama

USC offer.

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Taylor Stallworth

Quote:
Mobile (Ala.) Murphy defensive tackle Taylor Stallworth said he respects coaches who do not make him feel pressured.

The 6-foot-2, 270-pound prospect added offers from Arkansas and Southern Miss this week. He already held an offer from South Carolina.

Stallworth plans on waiting until National Signing Day before announcing his intentions.

"I want to see what opportunities I get," he said. "I am going to announce everything on signing day." With Alabama and Auburn joining his growing list of interested schools, Stallworth said he is paying attention to the depth charts of all schools and the looming NFL entry of Jadeveon Clowney will factor into his choice.
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1492405

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 07-08-2013, 11:42 PM   #3
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
USC is out front for Alabama DE

Published: July 8, 2013

By Phil Kornblut
USC started recruiting DE Taylor Stallworth (6-3 280) of Mobile, AL in February and was his first major offer. And right now the Gamecocks are the leaders for his services.

"I"m highly interested in them," Stallworth said. "It's a great place that fits me and I'm thinking about going there. They are number one on my list. They were the first offer I had. They have a great coaching staff and a great team. The past five years they've been a great program."
http://www.gogamecocks.com/2013/07/0...labama-de.html

Add another DL prospect possibility to the list for this cycle. Where does Stallworth factor in on the board? I would imagine the others would be a bit higher up than him, considering there's been so little reporting on his recruiting in his player thread....
Old 07-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #4
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material
Default Taylor Stallworth

DT 6-2 285 Mobile Alabama
Offers: USC, Arky, Ole Miss, NC State, Tenn, KY, GaTech, Southern Miss
http://247sports.com/Player/Taylor-S...stitution=6119

USC started recruiting DE Taylor Stallworth (6-3 280) of Mobile, AL in February and was his first major offer. And right now the Gamecocks are the leaders for his services. "I"m highly interested in them," Stallworth said. "It's a great place that fits me and I'm thinking about going there. They are number one on my list. They were the first offer I had. They have a great coaching staff and a great team. The past five years they've been a great program." Stallworth said he's in regular contact with recruiter Kirk Botkin. "He wants me a lot," he said. Stallworth will attend USC's camp July 27th. He is going to Alabama this weekend, Mississippi State July 19th and Auburn July 21st. Stallworth has Auburn second on his list. The Tigers have not offered but he expects one from the Tigers. His other offers include Mississippi State, Arkansas, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Louisville, NC State, Minnesota, Florida State and Southern Miss. Stallworth plans to make his decision before school starts August 20th and said as of right now he's 80% on a commitment to USC. Stallworth also plays outside linebacker and had 57 tackles and 4 sacks last season.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...-DE-favors-USC
Old 07-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #5
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 126034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

interesting
Old 07-09-2013, 12:34 AM   #6
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Wow. Not sure how this kid isn't higher rated. Very fast off the ball.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:38 AM   #7
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Black Magic is going to be one hell of a weekend, if nothing else than for commits/offers/takes. I wonder what would happen if this guy and Al Harris both try to commit on the spot and both are denied. That'd be bad
Old 07-09-2013, 02:24 AM   #8
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Black Magic is going to be one hell of a weekend, if nothing else than for commits/offers/takes. I wonder what would happen if this guy and Al Harris both try to commit on the spot and both are denied. That'd be bad
That would be terrible.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #9
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Nothing against the kid, but I'd be shocked if he had a spot without us missing on quite a few other players.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #10
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

IDK.
Isn't Wideman a likely sign and place?

I trust the staff...they have been good at finding diamonds in the rough recruiting services misevaluate.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 07-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #11
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
IDK.

I trust the staff...they have been good at finding diamonds in the rough recruiting services misevaluate.
No doubt but with Lamin, Newell, Ford, and Sawyer highly interested and J. Thomas on board, it is strange
Old 07-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #12
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

From what I saw in that 3 minutes highlight reel, he can move for a big guy, but he doesn't rap up well, that's what is probably holding his ranking back (that or just doesn't make it to a lot of camp visits.)

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 07-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #13
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
IDK.

With such low numbers, USC will not sign Wideman if he doesn't appear to be able to qualify. It's always a gamble when a schools signs and places, particularly juco. I don't think it is a luxary USC can afford this year.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #14
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
With such low numbers, USC will not sign Wideman if he doesn't appear to be able to qualify. It's always a gamble when a schools signs and places, particularly juco. I don't think it is a luxary USC can afford this year.
Man that sure would hurt to lose out on Wideman for good
Old 07-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #15
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I have to think Stallworth would be a fallback if we lost out on Ford. He's big, but he plays high and doesn't hit with a lot of leverage. Good speed and he's definitely a player we could develop. He certainly has the size and looks to have a frame that could add more pounds.

With limited numbers this year I don't see us taking him unless we miss out on some guys.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #16
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
I think Wideman is a possible prep guy avoiding Juco in which case I dont see why we would not sign him

Old 07-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #17
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPit

Quote:

The low numbers are available schollies, not LOI's. The numbers actually HELP if you are offering someone that will not use a schooly next year.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #18
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
DE Taylor Stallworth of Mobile, AL has USC #1 on his list right now ahead of Auburn and Mississippi State. The Gamecocks and Bulldogs have offered and he’s optimistic the Tigers will when he visits there next weekend. Before that he will make a return trip to Starkville Friday. He was there last month for a camp. And he will be at USC’s Black Magic Camp later this month. Stallworth plans to talk Monday with Gamecock recruiter Kirk Botkin. “They are excited about me coming up there and showing me around campus,” Stallworth said. He did not talk with any coaches last week. Stallworth, who had 57 tackles and 4 sacks last season, plans to make his decision before his school starts August 20th.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ate-this-week/

Old 07-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #19
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

CockyCash: 249940200
Fear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot material

Gamecock commit per Chris Clark.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #20
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

If he committed, then the staff must not feel good about their chances with Lamin, Wideman, or Ford.
Closed Thread